External Borrower and Alumni
Terms and conditions of membership
- All persons admitted as External or Alumni borrowers must complete a registration form and sign a declaration that they will abide by the Rules of the Library.
- Registration is normally for one year, but may be renewed in subsequent years.
- The replacement charge for a lost or damaged library card is £5.
- External and Alumni borrowers may have on loan up to six books at a time. Fines will be charged on overdue recalled books.
- 3 and 24 hour loans, the interlending service and the facility to recall items from other users are not available for External and Alumni borrowers.
- Weekly account statements and other notices such as book recalls will be sent by email to External and Alumni borrowers. The University is not responsible for the non-delivery of emails to non-Lancaster University email addresses.
- External and Alumni borrowers may photocopy; please ask at the information point during staffed service hours. A stand-alone book scanner is available (you will need to provide a USB pen). If you wish to use the microform reading/printing equipment, please contact the library in advance.
- External and Alumni borrowers may use designated PCs for walk-in electronic resource access.
- External borrowers are not eligible to use Library PCs, networked printers or scanners (except the stand-alone scanner) or to access the Library's electronic resources remotely.
- Alumni may access some online resources remotely. More information.