If you’ve applied for a course at Lancaster Institute for the Contemporary Arts you will be invited to an Applicant Visit Day.
Applicant Visit Day Dates
LICA’s Applicant Visit Days take place in the Lent Term throughout January, February and March on a Saturday.
Our Applicant Visit Days for 2017-18 will take place on the following dates:
- Saturday 28th January 2017Saturday 27th January 2018
- Wednesday 15th February 2017Saturday 10th February 2018
- Saturday 11th March 2017Saturday 3rd March 2018
- Saturday 17th March 2018
Our Applicant Visit Days will give you an idea of what it will feel like to study in our department and see if Lancaster University is right for you. You will attend:
- ‘Welcome to the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences' talk.
- Accommodation Tour by one of our student tour guides with the opportunity to view some of our award-winning accommodation.
- A packed lunch for you and your guests. (Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements).
- ‘Welcome to LICA’ talk with our Head of Department
- A Subject Talk for either Art, Design, Film or Theatre
- A subject specific taster session
- Art / Design one-to-one chats with a Tutor
- Film Analysis Taster Workshop
- Practical Theatre Workshop
- Tour of the LICA building with current LICA students including viewings of our Art & Design studios, performance spaces, facilities and Lancaster Arts (Lancaster University’s on-campus performing arts venue.)
- Opportunity to meet our current students and staff. If you have applied for a combined degree, you will be able to meet a member of staff from the joint department outside of LICA and attend a subject taster session.
Book Your Place
You can book your place on one of our Applicant Visit Days via the iLancaster app. When we make you an offer of study, you will receive an email from Undergraduate Admissions which will include your log on details. If you need a reminder of your log on details please go to https://weblogin.lancas.ac.uk/friend/reset/ or tel +44 (0)1524 510987. Alternatively, you can book your place via: m.lancaster.ac.uk/openbooking/
Plan Your Day
Applicant Visit Days start at 11:30 am with the ‘Welcome to LICA’ talk and finish at approximately 4pm, however, for Combined Fine Art students, the day will begin earlier for individual Portfolio review meetings. You will receive full details on booking.
Example Applicant Visit Day Programme:
9:00am Early-bird campus and accommodation tours.
9:30am Arrival for Combined Fine Art applicants: portfolio review appointments
11.00am Arrival for all other applicants, refreshments & registration
11.30am Presentation ‘Welcome to LICA’
11.50am Subject talks and workshops
2:00pm Presentation 'Welcome to the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences'
2.15pm Careers and Placements talk
2.55pm Second subject sessions for joint major applicants:
Single honours Fine Art - one-to-one chats
3.00pm Tours of LICA facilities every 15 mins and meeting with staff and students
How To Find Us
Lancaster University is set in 560 acres of beautiful parkland and lies approximately three miles south of the City of Lancaster. The campus is easily accessible via road, rail and is within 70 miles of Manchester’s International Airport.
Further information can be found on our main website; http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/contact-and-getting-here/maps-and-travel/
If you have any questions about studying in LICA, the admissions process or our Visit Days please contact Victoria Sharp