If you’ve applied for a course at Lancaster Institute for the Contemporary Arts you will be invited to an Applicant Visit Day.
Applicant Visit Day Dates
LICA’s Applicant Visit Days take place in the Lent Term throughout January, February and March on either a Wednesday or Saturday.
Our Applicant Visit Days for 2016-17 will take place on the following dates:
Our Applicant Visit Days will give you an idea of what it will feel like to study in our department and see if Lancaster University is right for you. You will attend:
- ‘Why Lancaster’ talk where you will find out more about life at Lancaster.
- Accommodation Tour by one of our student tour guides with the opportunity to view some of our award-winning accommodation.
- A packed lunch for you and your guests. (Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements).
- ‘Welcome to LICA’ talk with our Head of Department
- A Subject Talk for either Art, Design, Film or Theatre
- A subject specific applicant session
- Art / Design one-to-one chats with a Tutor
- Film Analysis Taster Workshop
- Practical Theatre Workshop
- Tour of the LICA building with current LICA students including viewings of our Art & Design studios, performance spaces, facilities and Lancaster Arts (Lancaster University’s on-campus performing arts venue.)
- Opportunity to meet our current students and staff. If you have applied for a combined degree, you may be able to meet a member of staff from the joint department outside of LICA. (*check the information with your offer letter for specific dates).
Book Your Place
You can book your place on one of our Applicant Visit Days via the iLancaster app. When we make you an offer of study, you will receive an email from Undergraduate Admissions which will include your log on details. If you need a reminder of your log on details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +44 (0)1524 510987. Alternatively, you can book your place via: m.lancaster.ac.uk/openbooking/
Plan Your Day
Applicant Visit Days start at 11:30 am with the ‘Why Lancaster’ talk and finish at approximately 3:45 pm, however, please check the programme for each date.
Example Applicant Visit Day Programme:
11.00am Arrival, refreshments & registration
(shuttle service from Alexandra Park)
11.30am Presentation ‘Why Lancaster’
12.00pm Accommodation Tour with current student ambassadors
1.30pm ‘LICA Welcome Talk’, Presentation by Frank Dawes, Head of Department
2.00pm Subject Talks (Art / Design / Film / Theatre)
2.30pm Sessions for Applicants:
Fine Art - one-to-one chats
Design – one-to-one chats
Film – film analysis taster workshop
Theatre – theatre practical workshop
3.30pm Refreshments, LICA Foyer, Opportunity to meet staff from other departments
3:45pm Day closes and shuttle service to Alexandra Park
Tours of the LICA building and facilities, studios, performance spaces and Lancaster Arts will take place every 30 minutes from the LICA Foyer (2:30 pm) with LICA Student Ambassadors
At the end of the day, visitors are welcome to visit our Sports Centre where staff will be on-hand to show you the facilities and membership / pay as you go options.
How To Find Us
Lancaster University is set in 560 acres of beautiful parkland and lies approximately three miles south of the City of Lancaster. The campus is easily accessible via road, rail and is within 70 miles of Manchester’s International Airport.
Further information can be found on our main website; http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/contact-and-getting-here/maps-and-travel/
Alexandra Park (south end of campus) is the main arrival point for all Applicant Visit Days. If using a Sat Nav, we recommend the postcode LA2 0LJ.
If you have any questions about studying in LICA, the admissions process or our Visit Days please contact Morganna Monk