Since 2014, Lancaster Medical School has been awarded with the Athena Swan Silver Award, recognising the commitment to advancing the careers of women in medical employment in higher education and research.
The Athena Swan Charter works towards recognising advancement of gender equality: representation, progression and success for all.
The charter covers the following:
- Women, and men where appropriate
- Academic roles in science, technology, engineering, maths and medicine (STEMM)
- Academic roles in arts, humanities, social sciences, business and law (AHSSBL)
- Professional and support staff
- Trans staff and students
In relation to their:
- progression of students into academia
- journey through career milestones
- working environment for all staff