EY Assurance Scholarship
Focused on studying Accounting and Finance? Why not combine your Lancaster University offer with the EY Assurance Scholarship? You’ll benefit from paid work placements, work towards a professional qualification and enjoy £15,000 in scholarship payments during your degree.
The EY Assurance Scholarship is a chance to experience university life while boosting your employability. And it’s the perfect way to get your career in business off to the best possible start.
How it works
The EY Assurance Scholarship lasts four years. It includes a paid four-week Summer Placement in EY's Assurance practice after your first year at Lancaster and a paid, year-long Industrial Placement at an EY office during year three. Do well on your course and at EY, and you could be offered a full-time job when you graduate. You’d be joining one of the largest and most successful professional services companies in the world. With 190,000 people in 150 countries, EY helps businesses of all shapes and sizes become the best they can be.
What you can look forward to
- Two paid placements in Assurance – a service line that’s involved in everything from auditing and improving financial reporting to tackling fraud and corporate crime
- Three £5k scholarship payments – one for each year of study (Years 1, 2 and 4)
- A head start towards a chartered accountancy qualification
- Opportunities to work directly with global clients, learn from EY's most senior people and build lasting professional networks
- The chance to pick up invaluable business skills, employability skills like teamwork, self-discipline and time management, plus the life skills you gain at Lancaster University
- A potential permanent job when you graduate, giving you job security on top of your degree
Additional financial support
EY will offer up to three additional awards of £1,000 per year to eligible UK students who meet additional widening participation criteria. If you have applied to study Accounting and Finance at Lancaster, and make Lancaster your confirmed first choice, we'll get in touch with you to tell you more in May.
- A confirmed offer from Lancaster University to study the BSc Accounting & Finance or BSc Accounting & Finance (Industry) as a full-time student
- You must have made Lancaster your confirmed first choice
- Be willing to sign an agreement to take full and active part in the EY Assurance Scholarship programme
How to apply (for 2016 entry and onwards)
Applicants who may be eligible for the EY Assurance Scholarship will be contacted by the LUMS Admissions Team with information about how to apply in May.
Visit www.ukcareerguide.ey.com/schools for more information.