How can I contribute?
Promote LUMS via your networks
Spread the word about the quality of our teaching, research and student life at Lancaster.
Share your experience of Lancaster with prospective students
Write a short account of your time here in an Alumni Profile on the LUMS website.
Recent Master's graduates - join our Alumni Advisers network and share your knowledge of study and life at LUMS via email communication with applicants.
Share your experience and expertise
Be a guest speaker at a student or alumni event; returning to Lancaster or speaking at an event elsewhere in the UK or overseas.
Boost LUMS students' career prospects
Join our new Career Contacts network and provide students with invaluable advice about your professional role, the recruitment process you went through or the organisation you work for.
Student projects and placements are a vital part of the programmes we teach. If you completed one yourself, you'll know what a great learning experience a project or placement can be, and what a tremendous benefit they can be for a company. Why not get your organisation to commission a project or placement?
Recruit from LUMS – you've experienced the quality of your fellow students at LUMS for yourself. If your employer is not yet recruiting at LUMS, why not? It's your job to help them see the light!
Donate to Lancaster projects and development
Hardship Fund - The LUMS Hardship fund provides financial support for Management School students. We invite donations and legacies for this cause.
Help to fund a range of support and development projects across the University. To find out how, contact Maggie Wild, LUMS Alumni and Development Manager.
Click here to see the donor roll of honour (PDF).
Support the growth of our alumni community and networks
Organise a reunion, support Lancaster alumni groups around the world, participate in discussions and support fellow members of our LinkedIn group, share your news and experiences through our alumni publications.
LUMS Advisory Board
A number of senior executives—including Lancaster alumni—sit on LUMS’ Advisory Board, which meets twice a year to advise on strategy and direction.
Lancaster alumni currently on the Advisory Board are:
- Dr Brian Tempest, Chair (PhD Chemistry, 1971), Chairman of Hale and Tempest, and former CEO of Ranbaxy Laboratories
- Mr Randall Zindler (MBA, 1999), Former CEO of Medair
- Mr Mike Dormer (BA Economics, 1972; MA Economics 1973), Chairman of Neoss, and former Worldwide Chairman, Johnson and Johnson Medical Devices
- Mr Gian Fulgoni (MA Marketing, 1970), Chairman of comScore Networks, Inc.
- Mr Richard Cousins (MA Operational Research, 1981), CEO of Compass Group PLC
- Dr Nahed Taher (MSc International Trade and Finance, 1998; PhD Economics, 2001), Chief Executive of Gulf One Investment Bank
- Mrs Annie Sun (MBA, 1999), China CFO of EMC Computer Systems