Aspiring Businesses in Cumbria
Aspiring Businesses in Cumbria is a peer network and business growth programme designed to meet the needs of growth-oriented businesses based in Cumbria.
Developed using principles taken from Lancaster’s acclaimed LEAD programme, Aspiring Businesses in Cumbria is designed to support companies by providing a trusted peer to peer network and activities to stimulate self-development and business growth.
This innovative six-month programme draws upon key elements of Lancaster’s research into how entrepreneurs learn and grow.
It gives owner-managers and senior managers the opportunity to engage with a leading University and other like-minded businesses, providing a supportive and trusted environment to work on issues and opportunities surrounding business growth.
The programme is delivered by Lancaster University Management School as part of the Cumbria Growth Hub.
Elements of the programme include:
- Overnight experiential
- Action learning
- Development planning sessions
Benefits to the business include:
- Develop trusted peer networks
- Access to a series of inspirational speakers
- A chance to engage with University staff and associates
- Networking with more than 100 growth businesses
- Supportive spaces to work on business development and planning
- University support made easy to understand and accessible
- Signposting to other growth support/opportunities
- Experience benefits of action learning – driving change and business growth
Timings and cost
The second cohort will start in January 2015 and will be delivered in Cumbria. Careful consideration has gone into the planning of the programme, making sure that geographical constraints are minimised.
The cost of the programme is £750 for ERDF-eligible companies.
How to apply
For further details or to apply for the programme, please contact Laura Hounsome on 01524 510723 or email us at email@example.com