Innovation for Growth
Innovating the business and management processes and practices of regional SMEs.
Innovation for Growth (IFG) offers objective advice and support to embed innovation within the business and management processes and practices of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the North West, leading to product and process development, diversification and ultimately business growth.
IFG is designed and delivered by Lancaster University Management School which has a highly successful track record in the management and delivery of funded business support programmes – and we have now secured funding to work with a further 120 eligible SMEs before September 2014. IFG is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
IFG explores a variety of innovation topics and provides practical and interactive programmes that aim to develop innovative capacity within businesses.
This project, delivered throughout the region, offers fully funded, practical, interactive workshop programmes, masterclasses, access to student and academic resource, facilitated reflection, action planning and online resources.
Innovation for Growth:
- Enhances business and management skills, behaviours and competences
- Provides a network of like-minded businesses to share and mobilise resources
- Gives access to world class research concerned with innovation and entrepreneurship
- Develops bespoke action plans to address specific innovation needs within the business
Examples of themes covered:
- Business models
- Customer focus and innovation
- Managing networks and collaborations
- Competitive advantage through people and processes
- Project and change management
- Strategic planning