- Overnight Experiential: During this two day (one night) welcome, delegates will be introduced to the peer group, the structure of the programme and the development plan workbook. There will also be a series of activities to set the strategic setting for the programme.
- One day workshops will be delivered every month by academics from both the Lancaster Environment Centre and Lancaster University Management School, which will provide delegates with the tools and techniques to adopt low carbon technologies into their business whilst offering guidance on how to tackle potential challenges.
- Corporate Eco-innovation challenge: The challenge will be delivered by a large company to challenge, provoke discussion and inspire new ideas within the group.
- A company visit, with an access all areas to a business already following a low carbon business model, allowing delegates to experience good practice for themselves.
- Online forum, for peer-to-peer support and discussion throughout the programme.
- Access to the series of popular Masterclasses run by Lancaster University Management School.
- Student consultancy projects: an opportunity for a group of MBA or undergraduate students to work on a specific area of the business through student consultancy.
What will the workshops cover?
Triple Layered Business Model Canvas - this tool helps businesses to innovate their business model to create, deliver and capture the value of their business with an additional layer focused on sustainability.
Energy Conservation and Waste Management - providing delegates with an overview of this topic and an introduction to how this can be tackled within their organisation. An introduction to audits, benchmarking and policies will be included.
Eco-Innovation - looking at the innovation landscape with sample case studies. Delegates will undertake a challenge in groups during this workshop. Experts from key areas of business such as intellectual property and sources of funding will also present key information to delegates and provide a Q&A session.
Action planning – this session will draw together the various strands explored throughout the programme with an opportunity to create an action plan.
Throughout the programme the development plan workbook and business model canvas will be revisited to help delegates to develop their strategic thought processes and provide the skills and tools to successfully describe, design, challenge and pivot their business models.