Research in forecasting and predictive analytics
The Lancaster Centre for Forecasting (LCF) leads the field in forecasting research in Europe. Our research objectives are to develop new methods to analyse organisational forecasting problems and to facilitate knowledge-transfer aimed at disseminating best practices in these methods, processes and systems.
Our current research is organised into the following themes:
- Computer-intensive forecasting methods
- Forecasting model selection
- Forecasting software design
- Value and efficiency of judgmental forecasts
- Supply chain forecasting for retailing and manufacturing
- Data mining
- Analytical marketing
- Model evaluation (including climate models)
A full list of completed PhDs can be found here.