Format and features
- Six one-day workshops
- Inquiry, action and learning through working on real challenges through an action learning approach
- The Department of Management Learning and Leadership's web-based Leading For Sustainability Learning Network (LSLN)
- Business in the Community’s peer learning network for ongoing face to face support
- Presentations and discussions with exemplar businesses, leading academics and sustainability practitioners
- Facilitated learning in small groups based on supporting effective action in the real world
- Networking and peer support
- Action planning and review to engage with key problems and issues at work.
The Leadership For Sustainability Learning Network
This interactive, web-based network (LSLN), currently being developed by Lancaster University Management School, is designed to promote and facilitate learning and aims to become the place to meet and learn for advancing environmental, social and economic sustainability in the North West and beyond.
Participants will be able to engage with many other individuals, organisations and communities who care about, and are working for, a sustainable future. Up-to-date web tools will be used to help form links, relationships and alliances with others seeking to make things happen. The network will develop in collaboration with participants to ensure it meets their needs during the programme and into the future.
The programme team
Business in the Community
- Gudrun Cartwright (Head of Regional Environmental Impact and Cohort tutor)
Department of Management Learning and Leadership, Lancaster University Management School
- Judi Marshall (Professor of Leadership and Learning and Cohort tutor)