The Centre for Family Business at Lancaster University Management School (LUMS) has the largest grouping of family business researchers in the UK.
By conducting rigorous academic research and having access to global family business research projects we can develop innovative programmes to help you achieve your potential, which is exactly what we intend to do.
Did you know?
- Family business is the most prevalent business organisation form globally
- Family businesses account for 71% of SMEs in the UK
- Family businesses provide jobs to 9.2 million people in the UK
- Family businesses contribute £1.1 trillion turnover to the UK economy
- Family businesses make up nearly half of all mid-sized businesses in the UK (£20m - £500m)
In short, family businesses are the backbone of the UK economy and of economies across the globe. Family businesses have unique goals and processes that stem from the influence of family; they also have distinctive strategies and managerial practices. Here at LUMS, our Centre aims to inspire and supportthe leadership and management of family businesses in the North West, to help you compete long into the future.
So if you are a family business and want to help us help family businesses, we invite you to get in touch with us and join our community.