Centre for Family Business
The Centre for Family Business is an internationally recognised research-led unit at LUMS. It is based in the Institute for Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development (IEED) and builds on IEED’s and LUMS’s first-rate track record of developing synergies from research, teaching and close engagement with businesses.
We inspire and support better management of family firms through our international, collaborative, and multidisciplinary research on the distinctive organisational goals, processes and outcomes engendered by family influence on businesses.
To achieve excellence in research that:
- Contributes new and meaningful knowledge to the theory of family business
- Produces impactful implications for the business practice of small and medium-sized family firms
- Leads a community of scholars and family businesses in developing the global resources for catalysing the international exchange of ideas
- In essence, is at the forefront of family business research and thinking
- Leading and world-renowned researchers in family business studies
- Track record of influential family business publications in top-ranked journals
- Editorship of top-tier international journal special issues, books, handbooks and guidance articles
- International, national and regional research conferences and seminars on family business
- Strong links with local and international family business practitioners, advisors and researchers
- Community of international scholars from five continents and of ten different nationalities