International reputation of the department
The Department of Management Science has had an established international reputation for many years. The continuing growth of our reputation can be gauged by many indicators:
- A survey of senior executives showed the OR work of the Department to be the best known in the UK
- Receipt of major research grants from the EPSRC, ESRC and EU during last few years
- Excellent employment record for postgraduate students
- Over 60 active doctoral students, more than comparable departments in the UK
- Substantial industrial support received for staff and doctoral research
- Books written by staff are in use on Management Science courses throughout the world
The Department forms an active part of Lancaster University Management School, a faculty which represents about 20% of the University. Working together, the departments run a wide range of both generalist and specialist programmes including an MBA, undergraduate degrees in business administration as well as specialist schemes such as those in Management Science, Operational Research and Information Systems. The Management School facilities include a purpose-designed Graduate School Building, in which postgraduate courses are based.
Lancaster's Lancaster Executive Education also runs a number of prestigious courses, for example a company based MBA degree scheme for British Airways and the International Masters Programme in Practicing Management (taught jointly with McGill, the Indian Institute of Management, Remnin University School of Business, and EBAPE/FGV).