Applicants to the MSc in International Business will normally need to have:
- a good honours degree in any subject, or equivalent qualification from a recognised university
- a good pass in at least one module of economics
- a good pass in at least one module of statistics or quantitative methods
- demonstrable English language competence where their first language is not English
You will normally need a minimum of a 2:1 honours degree or equivalent (a GPA of at least 3.2 on a 4-point scale or B/B+ on a literal scale).
English language requirements
Studying at Masters level demands a high level of fluency in written and spoken language, and excellent comprehension. For this reason, non-native speakers of English are normally asked to demonstrate their English language competence by taking one of the internationally recognised tests below.
Our minimum language requirements for postgraduate study at LUMS are:
- IELTS 7.0, with at least 6.0 in each element
- Pearson Academic (PTE) 70, with at least 55 in each element
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) grade C
Please note: IELTS and Pearson scores are valid for two years from the test date.
English language tests marginally below these levels?
If you are clearly a strong applicant in other respects, we may consider you for one of our pre-sessional English language courses. In this case, the offer of a place on the Masters programme could depend on successful completion of this course, and additional fee is charged. We have designed these courses to help you improve your English to the level needed for your academic programme.
If you need to attend one of these courses, we will send you further information at the offer stage.