Applicants to the MSc in Project Management will normally need to have:
- a good honours degree or equivalent qualification from a recognised university
- demonstrable English language competence where their first language is not English
You will normally need a minimum of a 2:1 honours degree or equivalent (a GPA of at least 3.2 on a 4-point scale or B/B+ on a literal scale).
As this is a conversion course, your first degree does not need to be in any particular subject. The programme is particularly attractive to those who have studied subjects such as engineering, IT, business or management, although students also come from a variety of arts and social science backgrounds.
Work experience is not required for this programme, although it is extremely valuable. It is also helpful – though not essential – if you have some experience of project work, acquired either through degree study, professional work or other projects undertaken in your social life.
English language requirements
Studying at Masters level demands a high level of fluency in written and spoken language, and excellent comprehension. For this reason, non-native speakers of English are normally asked to demonstrate their English language competence by taking one of the internationally recognised tests below.
Our minimum language requirements for postgraduate study at LUMS are:
- IELTS 7.0, with at least 6.0 in each element
- Pearson Academic (PTE) 70, with at least 55 in each element
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) grade C
- ToEFL iBT 100 (with minimum 22 in each skill)
Please note: IELTS and Pearson scores are valid for two years from the test date. Also, note that ToEFL tests are no longer recognised by the UK Visas and Immigration Office for entry to pre-sessional English language courses.