MBA entry requirements
In our admissions process we aim to select MBA candidates with a strong track record of achievement and ability.
To join the Lancaster MBA you must have:
- A good first degree - for example, the equivalent of a UK upper 2nd class honours degree from a recognised university, or a degree-equivalent professional qualification.
- A minimum of three years' professional work experience since graduation.
Preference will be given to those who can demonstrate that they have strong business experience, and have held significant managerial responsibilities.
- Two good references, one from your current employer, and one from someone who can comment on your academic ability.
- A satisfactory interview with a member of Lancaster's admissions team.
- All applicants are required to complete the MBA admissions essay, details regarding this will be provided with your offer.
You can find out more about the international qualifications we accept on the main University website.
A suitable level of English language capability is vital.
You must provide evidence of your English language ability. We are looking for an overall IELTS score of 7.0 or above (with at least 6.0 in each element).
You need to ensure that you take your English language test early. If you do not manage to meet our English language requirements you may have the option to join a pre-sessional English language course to get you up to the level needed for the MBA.
If you have a non-standard background and would like advice about your suitability, please contact the Admissions Office.
If you meet the academic qualifications and English language requirements above, but do not have sufficient work experience, you may like to consider one of our other Masters programmes.