Professional and career development loans

You can apply for a Career Development Loan if you live or intend to train in the UK and plan to use that training for work in the UK or elsewhere in the EU or European Economic Area (EEA). 

In practice, if you require a work permit in order to work in the UK or EU after graduation, you are very unlikely to qualify for a Career Development Loan.

The Career Development Loan Scheme is run in partnership with the UK Department of Education and Employment and is available from the following banks:

  • Barclays Bank
  • Co-operative Bank

For further information about the scheme, see the UK government's web pages on career development loans.