Random permutations and large deviations for Markov chains
Wednesday 15th and Thursday 16th June 2016
The object of this meeting is to celebrate the recent expansion in the probability group in the department. The organisers, Dmitry Korshunov and Dirk Zeindler, would like to use this opportunity to share their research interests with their colleagues, including the statistics section. Also it is our aim to use this event to raise current issues about random permutations, to discuss various aspects of limit theorems and large deviations for Markov chains and to discuss new approaches and new questions. This meeting is funded by the London Mathematical Society (LMS) and everybody is welcome to take part.
- Leonid Bogachev (University of Leeds) on Large Components in Random Decomposable Structures, and Bose–Einstein Condensation
- Denis Denisov (University of Manchester) on Heavy-traffic and heavy tails for random walks
- Sergey Foss (Heriot-Watt University) on On a limiting behaviour of a conditional random walk with bounded local times
- Dmitry Korshunov (Lancaster University) on Stability and instability of diffusion processes and Markov chains with asymptotically zero drift
- Daniel Ueltschi (University of Warwick) on Random loop models and quantum spin systems
- Dirk Zeindler (Lancaster University) on The order of large random permutations with cycle weights
Everybody is welcome to to attend this event and there is no registration fee. If you would like to take part, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Celebrating the new probability group in Math&Stats'.
PSC Lecture Theatre (A54)
- 11:00 - 12:00: Dirk Zeindler
- 14:15 - 15:15: Daniel Ueltschi
- 15:30 - 16:30: Leonid Bogachev
- 18:00: Dinner
- 11:00 - 12:00: Denis Denisov
- 14:00 - 15:00: Dmitry Korshunov
- 15:30 - 16:30: Sergey Foss
Please direct any enquiries to the organisers or to email@example.com.