Random structures arising in Physics and Analysis
Monday 4th-Friday 8th April 2016
The UK Easter Probability Meeting is a long-standing tradition and is used to bring together the UK probability community. The aim is to discuss recent developments, to speak about future research and also to give PhD students an opportunity to become part of the UK probability community.
The 2016 meeting in Lancaster consists of four mini-courses of three lectures each, given by leading international researchers on current topics in probability theory. The remaining time is reserved for 45-minute talks by invited speakers, shorter talks by PhD students, a poster session and time for discussions.
The mini course speakers and topics are confirmed as:
- Alice Guionnet (MIT, USA) on Random matrices, free probability and transport maps
- Michel Ledoux (Toulouse, France) on Concentration inequalities: basics and some new challenges (pdf)
- Jason Miller (Cambridge, UK) on Quantum Loewner Evolution (pdf)
- Vladas Sidoravicius (VS - Courant Institute, New York and NYU-Shanghai) on Three lectures on random walk in dynamically changing environments (pdf)
The confirmed speakers are:
- Vincent Beffara (Institut Fourier, Grenoble, France) on The liquid-gas interface in dimer models (pdf)
- Dmitry Belyaev (University of Oxford, UK) on Random Plane Waves (pdf)
- Noam Berger (TUM, Munich, Germany) on Balanced environments (pdf)
- Natasha Blitvic (Lancaster University, UK) on Non-commutative Probability for Probabilists
- Erwin Bolthausen (Universität Zürich, Switzerland) on Exit distributions for random walks in random environments (pdf)
- Dimitris Cheliotis (University of Athens, Greece) on Biorthogonal ensembles and triangular matrices (pdf)
- Ivan Gentil (Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1, France) on Contractions in Wasserstein distance for Markov semigroup, a dimensional approach (pdf)
- Jon Keating (University of Bristol, UK) on Random structures in Number Theory
- Elizabeth Meckes (Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, USA) on Patterns in Eigenvalues: Random matrices from the compact classical groups
- Daniil Ryabko (INRIA Lille, France) on Sequence Prediction for Arbitrary Classes of Processes (pdf)
- Anatoly Vershik (St. Petersburg State University, Russia) on Standard and non-standard filtrations in probability theory and dynamics (pdf)
- Fredrik Viklund (KTH, Stockholm, Sweden) on Convergence of loop-erased random walk in the natural parametrization (pdf)
Registration for the meeting is now closed.
Please direct any enquiries to the conference email account email@example.com
The local organising committee consists of Amanda Turner (chair), Alexander Belton, Natasha Blitvic, Steffen Grunewalder, Dmitry Korshunov, David Leslie, Martin Lindsay, Pete Neal and Dirk Zeindler.
Details of previous meetings may be found via the following links: