Rankings and Reputation
In the Complete University Guide, Lancaster is ranked 11th in the UK for Mathematics, 12th for Physics and Astronomy, and 16th for Biological Sciences.
More facts about Lancaster’s reputation as a whole include:
- Lancaster is ranked in the UK top 10 in both the Guardian and the Complete University Guide. The University is also ranked top in the North West, and is in the top 1% of universities globally
- Lancaster has been ranked as the best value for money university in England, and is located in a city ranked within the top 10 'most vibrant' urban centres in 2013.
Students at Lancaster University are more satisfied with their course than the average UK student according to the latest National Student Survey, in which the University achieved 91% on the 'overall student satisfaction' score.
- 78% of our graduates get graduate level jobs, and 97% of our graduates go on to employment or further study within 6 months of graduating
- Our accommodation has won the 'Best University Halls' award in the National Student Housing Survey of 120 UK institutions for last six years running, including the 'Best Customer Service' and 'Best Moving In Experience' awards in 2015
- Accommodation at Lancaster University was ranked second in the UK in the Times Higher Education Student Experience survey for the second year in 2015; our sports facilities are sixth in the same 2015 survey
- We are one of only five institutions to achieve the International Accommodation Quality Mark, awarded where satisfaction among international students was at 90% or higher.