Our Natural Sciences Course
Our Natural Sciences programme is designed to exploit the flexibility of Lancaster's modular courses. It is built upon our nationally recognised teaching excellence and our international research reputation.
As a Natural Sciences student at Lancaster you will study three subjects in your first year, two of which must be science-based. Your choice of third subject is up to you - either science or non-science.
After this broad-based first year, you will specialise in particular areas within each discipline, allowing you to study where your interests really lie.
- Natural Sciences : BSc Hons : GFC0
- Natural Sciences (Study Abroad) : BSc Hons : CFG0
- Natural Sciences : MSci : FCF3
- Natural Sciences (Study Abroad) : MSci Hons : CFG1
Keeping your options open
A particularly attractive feature of Lancaster's Natural Sciences degree scheme is that at the end of the first year there are several possible options still available:
- Carry on with your original three subjects
- Drop one of your original subjects and continue with a two subject degree
- Depending on the modules you have chosen, you can transfer out of Natural Sciences into the second year of a single honours course
Many of our students have been applicants who did not want to commit themselves to a single subject and have found this breathing space invaluable in ensuring that they are studying the best degree, with the best combination of subjects for their particular talents and interests.