NUTRIENT SENSING & SIGNALLING
EDITED BY HIDEKI TAKAHASHI
PLANT CELL CYCLE
EDITED BY JIM MURRAY
OXIDATIVE STRESS & CELL DEATH IN PLANTS
EDITED BY PETER BOZHKOZ, SERGEY SHABALA & STEFANO MANCUSO
PLANT VASCULAR TRAFFICKING
EDITED BY PIA RUNEBERG-ROSS & YRJO HELARIUTTA
- Vascular trafficking -updates and trends Ursache, Heo, Helariutta
- Phloem imaging Elisabeth Truernit
- Factors involved in systemic transport of plant RNA viruses: the emerging role of the nucleus AG Solovyev & EI Savenkov
- The embryonic shoot: lifeline through winter C van der Schoot et al.
- Understanding and manipulating sucrose phloem loading, unloading, metabolism, and signalling to enhance crop yield and food security Braun, Wang & Ruan
- Transcription factor-mediated cell-to-cell signalling in plants Han et al.
- Phloem transport and drought Sanna Sevanto
- Spread the news: systemic dissemination and local impact of Ca2+ signals along the phloem pathway AJE van Bel et al.
- Vascularisation and nutrient delivery at root-knot nematode feeding sites in host roots Bartlem, Jones, Hammes
- The angiosperm phloem sieve tube system: a role in mediating traits important to modern agriculture Ham & Lucas
- Long-distance call from phosphate: systemic regulation of phosphate starvation responses Wei-Yi Lin et al.
- Symplasmic networks in secondary vascular tissues: the many ways in which parenchyma activity facilitates transport Rachel Spicer
- Chemical inducers of systemic immunity in plants Kachroo, Gao, Kachroo
- Symplastic intercellular transport from a developmental perspective Y Benitez-Alfonso
- Transporters involved in source to sink partitioning of amino acids and ureides: opportunities for crop improvement M Tegeder
- SEORious business: structural proteins in sieve tubes and their involvement in sieve element occlusion Michael Knoblauch et al.
- Investigating water transport through the xylem network in vascular plants HK Kim, J Park & I Hwang
- Apoplastic and symplastic phloem loading in Quercus robur and Fraxinus excelsior Öner-Sieben and Lohaus,
FRUIT DEVELOPMENT & RIPENING
EDITED BY TONI GRANELL & GRAHAM SEYMOUR
PHOTOBIOLOGY EDITED BY MATTHEW TERRY & KERRY FRANKLIN
- Shade avoidance: phytochrome signalling and other neighbour detection cues R Pierik & M de Wit
- Enhancing the productivity of grasses under high density plantings: from model systems to feedstocks SN Warnasooriya & TP Brutnell
- Light perception and signalling by phytochrome A J Casal, A Nicola Candia, R Sellaro
- Molecular interaction of jasmonate and phytochrome signalling H-L Hsieh and H Okamoto
- Interaction of light and temperature signalling Franklin et al.
- Expanding roles of the protein kinase CK2 in regulating plant growth and development JJ Mulekar and Enamul Huq
- The impact of chromatin dynamics on plant light responses and circadian clock function Barneche, Malapeira and Mas
- Nuclear photorelocation movement T Higa, N Suetsugu, M Wada
- Connections between circadian clocks and carbon metabolism reveal species-specific effects on growth control LM Müller, M von Korff, SJ Davis
- PIF1 promotes phytochrome-regulated growth under photoperiodic conditions in Arabidopsis together with PIF3, PIF4 and PIF5 J Soy, P Leivar, E Monte
- Plant proximity perception dynamically modulates hormone levels and sensitivity in Arabidopsis Bou-Torrent et al.
- UV-B inhibition of hypocotyl growth in etiolated Arabidopsis thaliana seedlings is a consequence of cell-cycle arrest initiated by photodimer accumulation JJ Biever, D Brinkman, G Gardner
EDITED BY CELINE MASCLAUX-DAUBRESSE & KARIN KRUPINSKA
- Senescence, nutrient remobilization and yield in wheat and barley Distelfeld, Avni, and Fischer
- Autophagy, plant senescence and nutrient recycling Avila-Ospina et al.
- Leaf senescence and nitrogen use efficiency in oilseed rape (Brassica napus L.) Jean-Christophe Avice & Philippe Etienne
- C1A cysteine protease-cystatin intercation in leaf senescence Diaz Mendoza etl al.
- Nucleases in higher plants and their possible involvement in DNA degradation during leaf senescence Sakamoto and Takami
- Photo-oxidative stress markers as a measure of abiotic stress-induced leaf senescence M Pinto-Marijuan & S Munne-Bosch
- Modelling transcriptional networks in leaf senescence Christopher A Penfold & Vicky Buchanan-Wollaston
- Epigenetic control of plant senescence and linked processes N Ay, B Janack, K Humbeck
- The stay-green trait Thomas and Ougham
- Translational leaf senescence researches for enhancing plant productivity and quality Y Guo and S-S Gan
- Delayed degradation of chlorophylls and photosynthetic proteins in Arabidopsis autophagy mutants during stress-induced leaf yellowing Sakuraba et al.
- Sixteen cytosolic glutamine synthetase genes identified in the Brassica napus L. genome are differentially regulated depending on nitrogen regimes and leaf senescence Orsel et al.
- QTL meta-analysis in Arabidopsis reveals an interaction between leaf senescence and resource allocation to seeds Chardon et al.
- Identification of predominant genes involved in regulation and execution of senescence-associated nitrogen remobilization in flag leaves of field grown barley J Hollman PL Gregersen, K Krupinska
- Reversal of senescence by N resupply to N-starved Arabidopsis thaliana: transcriptomic and metabolomic consequences Balazadeh et al.
- Salt stress and senescence: identification of cross-talk regulatory components Devi Allu et al.
- Members of the barley NAC transcription factor gene family show differential co-regulation with senescence-associated genes during senescence of flag leaves MW Christiansen and
- Gene regulatory cascade of senescence-associated NAC transcription factors activated by ETHYLENE-INSENSITIVE2-mediated leaf senescence signalling in Arabidopsis Kim et al.
- In response to partial plant shading, the lack of phytochrome A does not directly induce leaf senescence but alters the fine-tuning of chlorophyll biosynthesis B Brouwer, P Gardestrom, O Keech
- Nitric oxide induces cotyledon senescence involving co-operation of the NES1/MAD1 and EIN2-associated ORE1 signalling pathways in Arabidopsis Du et al.
EDITED BY ROWAN SAGE
- Photosynthetic Efficiency and Carbon Concentration in Terrestrial Plants: The C4 and CAM Solutions Rowan F. Sage
- Cracking the Kranz enigma with systems biology Jim Fouracre and Jane Langdale
- From proto-Kranz to C4 Kranz: building the bridge to C4 photosynthesis Sage, Khoshravesh, Sage
- Deconstructing Kranz anatomy to understand C4 evolution Lundgren, Osborne, Christin
- Bundle sheath suberization in grass leaves: multiple barriers to characterization Mertz and Brutnell
- Synthetic biology as it relates to CAM photosynthesis: challenges and opportunities DePaoli et al.
- Genomic analyses of the CAM plant pineapple Zhang, Liu, Ming
- Functional trade-offs in succulent stems predict responses to climate change in columnar cacti Williams, Hultine, Dettman
- Impacts of climate change drivers on C4 grassland productivity: scaling driver effects through the plant community Wayne Polley et al.
- Facultative CAM plants: powerful tools for unravelling the functional elements of CAM photosynthesis Winter and JAM Holtum
- Bundle sheath leakiness in C4 photosynthesis: a careful balancing act between CO2 concentration and assimilation Kromdijk et al.
- Carbon isotope discrimination as a tool to explore C4 photosynthesis von Caemmerer et al.
- Light to liquid fuel: theoretical and realized energy conversion efficiency of Crassulacean Acid Metabolism (CAM) in arid conditions Davis, LeBauer and Long
- Energy sorghum? A genetic model for the design of C4 grass bioenergy crops Mullet et al.
- Phylogeny and the inference of evolutionary trajectories Hancock and Edwards
- When do different C4 leaf anatomies indicate independent C4 origins? Parallel evolution of C4 leaf types in Camphorosmeae (Chenopodiaceae) Kadereit et al.
- Leaf anatomical traits which accommodate the facultative engagement of crassulacean acid metabolism in tropical trees of the genus Clusia Barrera Zambrano et al.
- Differentiation of C4 photosynthesis along a leaf developmental gradient in two Cleome species having different forms of Kranz anatomy Koteyeva et al.
- Developmental dynamics of Kranz cell transcriptional specificity in maize leaf reveals early onset of C4-related processes Lori Tausta et al.
- Endoreduplication is not involved in bundle-sheath formation in the C4 species Cleome gynandra Aubry, Knerova,
- Three distinct biochemical subtypes of C4 photosynthesis? A modelling analysis Wang et al.
- Towards an integrative model of C4 photosynthetic subtypes: insights from comparative transcriptome analysis of NAD-ME, NADP-ME, and PEP-CK C4 species Bräutigam et al.
- Positive selection of Kranz and non-Kranz C4 phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase amino acids in Suaedoideae (Chenopodiaceae) Rosnow, Edwards, Roalson
- Shared origins of a key enzyme during the evolution of C4 and CAM metabolism Christin et al.
- Multiple isoforms of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase in the Orchidaceae (subtribe Oncidiinae): implications for the evolution of crassulacean acid metabolism Silvera et al.
- Comparative studies of C3 and C4 Atriplex hybrids in the genomics era: physiological assessments Oakley et al.
- C2 photosynthesis generates about 3-fold elevated leaf CO2 levels in the C3–C4 intermediate species Flaveria pubescens Keerberg et al.
- Was low [CO2] a driving force of C4 evolution? Arabidopsis responses to long-term low [CO2] stress Li et al.
- Photosynthesis of C3, C3-C4 and C4 grasses at glacial CO2 Pinto et al.
- Increasing water use efficiency along the C3-to-C4 evolutionary pathway: a stomatal optimization perspective Way et al.
- Nocturnal versus diurnal CO2 uptake: how flexible is Agave angustifolia? Winter, Garcia, Holtum
- Light quality modulates metabolic synchronization over the diel phases of crassulacean acid metabolism Ceusters et al.
- Photosynthetic flexibility in maize exposed to salinity and shade Sharwood, Sonawane, Ghannoum
- Acclimation of C4 metabolism to low light in mature maize leaves could limit energetic losses during progressive shading in a crop canopy Bellasio and Griffiths
- Transcriptional responses indicate maintenance of photosynthetic proteins as key to the exceptional chilling tolerance of C4 photosynthesis in Miscanthus giganteus Long et al.
- Chilling and frost tolerance in Miscanthus and Saccharum genotypes bred for cool temperate climates Friesen et al.
- Exploiting transplastomically modified Rubisco to rapidly measure natural diversity in its carbon isotope discrimination using tuneable diode laser spectroscopy von Caemmerer et al.
- A high throughput gas exchange screen for determining rates of photorespiration or regulation of C4 activity Bellasio et al.
EDITED BY RODRIGO GUITERREZ
- The Primary Nitrate Response: a multifaceted signalling pathway Medici and Krouk
- A network perspective on nitrogen metabolism from model to crop plants using integrated “omics” approaches Fukushima and Kusano
- Emergence of a new step towards understanding the molecular mechanisms underlying nitrate-regulated gene expression Konishi and Yanagisawa
- Reassimilation of ammonium in Lotus japonicus Betti et al.
- Nitrogen use efficiency in maize: from omics studies to metabolic modelling Simons et al.
- Nitrate allocation and plant growth Po-Kai Hsu, Kuo-En Chen, Hui-Yu Chen and Yi-Fang Tsay
- Plastidic aspartate aminotransferases and the biosynthesis of essential amino acids F de la Torre et al.
- Regulation of amino acid metabolic enzymes and transporters in plants Pratelli and Pilot
- Finding a nitrogen niche: a systems integration of local and systemic nitrogen signalling in plants Ying Li, Gabriel Krouk, Gloria Coruzzi and Sandrine Ruffel
- Nitrogen metabolism meets phytopathology Mathilde Fagard and Celine Masclaux
- The plant RWP-RK transcription factor family: structure, function and evolution A Krapp, T Girin, C Chardin, C Meyer
- The challenges of commercializing second generation traits: developing crops with enhanced nutrient use efficiency and stress tolerance SJ Rothstein, Y-M Bi, A Good
- Molybdenum transport in plants -in relation with the nitrogen metabolism Tsuneo Hakoyama and Toru Fujiwara
- Signal interactions in the regulation of root nitrate uptake Laurence Lejay and Alain Gojon
- Brachypodium distachyon: a promising hub between model species and cereals Francois Vedele
- Nitrogen control of developmental phase transitions in Arabidopsis thaliana Vidal et al.
- Nitrogen Signaling in plant-microorganisms associations Adriana S. Hemerly
FOCUS PAPERS 2014
EDITED BY LARS HENNIG