NUTRIENT SENSING & SIGNALLING
EDITED BY HIDEKI TAKAHASHI
- Sodium in plants: perception, signalling and regulation of sodium fluxes Frans JM Maathuis
Overview of the regulatory and potential sensing mechanisms that pertain to Na+, in both the context of salt stress and Na+ as a nutrient.
- Glutamate signalling in roots Brian G Forde
Recent progress in elucidating the properties of plant GLR receptors and the current state of knowledge of Glutamate signalling role in roots.
- Coordination between zinc and phosphate homeostasis involves the transcription factor PHR1, the phosphate exporter PHO1 and its homologue PHO1;H3 in Arabidopsis GA Khan et al.
- The substantial roles of HXK and FRK in the effects of sugars on plant physiology and development D Granot et al.
- An update on sugar transport and signalling in grapevine D Lecourieux et al.
- It is time to make changes: modulation of root system architecture by nutrient signals RFH Giehl et al.
- Proanthocyanidin oxidation of Arabidopsis seeds is altered in mutant of the high affinity nitrate transporter NRT2.7 LC David et al.
- Molecular mechanisms involved in plant adaptation to low K+ availability Cherel et al.
- Nitrate transport and signalling in plants A Krapp et al.
- Sugar signals and the control of plant growth and development Lastdrager, Hanson, Smeekens
PLANT CELL CYCLE
EDITED BY JIM MURRAY & WALTER DEWITTE
- Auxin and the ubiquitin pathway. Two players - one target: the cell cycle in action JC del Pozo & C Manzano
- Interplay between cell growth and cell cycle in plants R Sablowski & MC Dornelas
- Molecular regulation of the diatom cell cycle MJJ Huysman et al.
- Cell cycle regulation in green algae dividing by multiple fission K Bisova et al.
- The cell cycle interactome: a source of growth regulators? J Blomme et al.
- Endoreduplication and fruit growth in tomato: evidences in favour of the karyoplasmic ratio theory C Chevalier et al.
- Chromatin meets cell cycle C Raynaud et al.
- Selective protein degradation: a rheostat to modulate cell cycle phase transitions P Genschik et al.
- Novel roles of plant RETINOBLASTOMA-RELATED (RBR) protein in cell proliferation and asymmetric cell division B Desvoyes et al.
- A maize root tip system to study DNA replication programs in somatic and endocycling nuclei during plant development HW Bass et al.
- Cell cycle control in a nutshell -pollen as a moel system for proliferation control Arp Schnittger
- Connection growth and cell proliferation in plant cells Laszlo Bogre, Zoltan Magyar, Rossanna Henriques
- Control of cell division and growth in root cell fate specification Maasaki Umeda & Hirotomo Takatsuka
OXIDATIVE STRESS & CELL DEATH IN PLANTS
EDITED BY PETER BOZHKOZ, SERGEY SHABALA & STEFANO MANCUSO
- Polyamines and programmed cell death PN Moschou & KA Roubelakis-Angelakis
- Cross-talk between ROS and polyamines in regulation of ion transport across plasma membrane: implications for plant adaptive responses I Pottosin et al.
- Stress-induced electrolyte leakage: ion-channel mechanism and potential roles in programmed cell death and metabolic adjustment V Demidchik et al.
- ROS as key players in plant stress signaling A Baxter et al.
- Life and death processes during somatic embryogenesis A Smertenko & P Bozhkov
- ROS homeostasis in halophytes in the context of salinity stress tolerance J Bose et al.
- Programmes of cell death and autolysis in tracheary elements: when a suicidal cell arranges its own corpse removal S Escamez & H Tuominen
- Taking one for the team: self recognition and cell suicide in pollen K Wilkins & NVE Franklin-Tong
- Deciphering in early events involved or not in hyperosmotic stress-induced programmed cell death in tobacco BY-2 cells E Monetti et al.
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress triggers oxidative burst, changes the redox state and regulates the antioxidant defence of Arabidopsis thaliana R Ozgur et al.
- Autophagy and membrane trafficking in immunity associated cell death Ooi Kock Teh & Daniel Hofius
- Live and let die -plant reproduction and programm cell death R Gross-Hardtand & J Heydlauff
PLANT VASCULAR TRAFFICKING
EDITED BY PIA RUNEBERG-ROSS & YRJO HELARIUTTA
- Phloem imaging Elisabeth Truernit
- Vascular transport of plant viruses: case studies AG Solovyev & EI Savenkov
- The embryonic shoot: lifeline through winter C van der Schoot et al.
- Understanding and manipulating plant sugar transport and metabolism for food, fibre and fuel DM Braun, L Wang, Y-L Ruan
- Transcription factor-mediated cell-to-cell signalling in plants Xiao Han et al.
- Phloem transport and drought Sanna Sevanto
- Spread the news: systemic dissemination and local impact of Ca2+ signals along the phloem pathway AJE van Bel et al.
- Vascularisation and nutrient delivery at root-knot nematode feeding sites in host roots DB Goto, MGK Jones, UH Hammes
- The angiosperm phloem sieve tube system: a role in mediating traits important to modern agriculture B-K Ham & WJ Lucas
- Water flow through the xylem network in vascular plants: looking into an amazing transport system HK Kim, J Park & I Hwang
- Long-distance call from phosphate: systemic regulation of phosphate starvation responses Wei-Yi Lin et al.
- Phloem saps and exudates: tricks and pitfalls for the exploration of sieve tube activities S Dinant & F Vilaine
- Symplasmic networks in secondary vascular tissues: the many ways in which parenchyma activity facilitates transport Rachel Spicer
- Role of plasmodesmata in integrative cell signalling Jung-Youn Lee
- Glycerol-3-phosphate mediated systemic signalling in plants Qing-ming Gao et al.
- The role of nitrogen phloem loading in plant source and sink physiology et al.
- Mechanism and regulation of sugar and ion loading for long distane transport Rainer Hedrich
- Systemic regulation of phosphate homeostasis Tzyy-Jen Chiou et al.
- New insights on sieve structure and its impact on long distance transport Michael Knoblauch
- Vascular trafficking -updates and trends Yrjo Helariutta
- Regulation of symplastic trafficking during growth and differentation Yoselin Benitez-Alonso
- Vascular trafficking of macromolecules Fritz Klagler
FRUIT DEVELOPMENT & RIPENING
EDITED BY TONI GRANELL & GRAHAM SEYMOUR
- Berry ripening: recently heard through the grapevine Nathalie Kuhn et al.
- The fruit, the whole fruit, and everything about the fruit Sofia Kourmpetli & Sinead Drea
- On the regulation and function of secondary metabolism during fruit development and ripening T Tohge, S Alseekh, AR Fernie
- Long-term in vitro culture of grape berries and its application to assess the effects of sugar supply on anthocyanin accumulation Zhan Wu Dai et al.
- Molecular basis of the ABA regulating fruit ripening Ping Leng
- The role of the FUL-SHP network in the evolution of fruit morphology and development Mondher Bouzayen, Cristina Ferrándiz, Chloé Fourquin
- Epigenetic regulation of fruit development and ripening E Teyssier et al.
- Scratching the surface of fleshy fruit Asaph Aharoni
- The genetic bases of fruit morphology in horticultural crops Antonio Monforte
- Genetics and biotechnolgoy of the tomato fruit volatile network Antonio Granell
- Molecular program of senescence in dry and fleshy fruit Miguel Perez Amador
- There is more than one way to skin a fruit: formation and functions of fruit cuticles Jocelyn Rose
- Multi-hormonal control of developmental transitions underlying fruit ripening Mondher Bouzayen
PHOTOBIOLOGY EDITED BY MATTHEW TERRY & KERRY FRANKLIN
- Expanding roles of the protein kinase CK2 in regulating plant growth and development Jidnyasa J Mulekar & Enamul Huq
- Light perception and signalling by phytochrome A J Casal, A Nicola Candia, R Sellaro
- Shade avoidance: phytochrome signalling and other neighbour detection cues R Pierik & M de Wit
- Nuclear photorelocation movement T Higa, N Suetsugu, M Wada
- PIF1 promotes phytochrome-regulated growth under photoperiodic conditions in Arabidopsis together with PIF3, PIF4 and PIF5 J Bou-Torrent, et al.
- Phenylalanine is required in the seed-to-seedling transition to promote growth and development in response to UV-B in soybean (Glycine max) Joe H Sullivan et al.
- UV-B inhibition of hypocotyl growth in etiolated Arabidopsis thaliana seedlings is a consequence of cell-cycle arrest initiated by photodimer accumulation JJ Biever, D Brinkman, G Gardner
EDITED BY CELINE MASCLAUX-DAUBRESSE & KARIN KRUPINSKA
- Chloroplast-nucleus crosstalk Paul Jarvis
- Plastid control of leaf senescence Christine Foyer & Karin Krupinska
- Modelling transcriptional networks in leaf senescence Christopher A Penfold & Vicky Buchanan-Wollaston
- Epigenetic control Klaus Humbeck
- The staygreen trait in crop plants Helen Ougham & Howard Thomas
- Autoregulated senescence inhibition systems for increased crop yield Susheng Gan
- Leaf senescence and remobilization in barley & wheat Andreas Fischer & Assaf Distelfeld
- Leaf senescence and nitrogen use efficiency in rapeseed Jean-Christophe Avice & Philippe Etienne
- Autophagy and N-remobilization Céline Masclaux-Daubresse & Kohki Yoshimoto
- Organelle DNA degradation Wataru Sakamoto
- Photo-oxidative stress markers as a measure of abiotic stress-induced leaf senescence Marta Pinto-Marijuan & Sergi Munne-Bosch
- Autophagy in degradation of chlorophylls and photosynthetic proteins during stress-induced leaf yellowing in Arabidopsis Yasuhito Sakuraba et al.
EDITED BY ROWAN SAGE
- Suberization of the C4 bundle sheath Tom Brutnell
- Revisiting the Kranz syndrome Pascal Antoine Christin
- Engineering crassulacean acid metabolism into C3 crops John Cushman
- Agave bioenergy Sarah Davis
- The Kranz enigma Jim Fouracre and Jane Langdale
- Tissue competence for CAM expression Luciano Freschi
- Drivers of diversity for the carbon concentrating mechanisms Howard Griffiths
- Genetic models for understanding CAM James Hartwell
- Water storage and C4 photosynthesis in arid habitats Gudrun Kadereit
- The future of C4 Andrew Leakey
- The pineapple genome Ray Ming
- Energy sorghum – a genetic model for the design of C4 grass bioenergy crops John Mullett
- Impacts of climate change drivers on C4 grassland productivity: scaling driver effects through the plant community Wayne Polley et al.
- Crassulacean acid metabolism in epiphytic orchids Katia Silvera
- Genome biology of Miscanthus Kankshita Swaminathan
- The C4 selection sweep Rowan Sage
- From protokranz to C4 Kranz Tammy Sage
- Evolution of CAM bromeliads Andrew Smith
- Carbon isotope discrimination in C4 plants Susanne von Caemmerer
- Components of C4, as determined by comparative genomics Andreas Weber & Andrea Brautigam
- Photorespiration in C4 evolution Peter Westhoff
- Columnar cacti: sensitive recorders of CAM responses to environmental change Dave Williams
- Conventional and molecular approaches towards breeding for drought tolerance in rice Arvind Kumar
- Drought adaptive traits and their genetic basis in wheat Marta Lopes
- Root anatomical traits for effective water acquisition Jonathan Lynch
- Coping with drought in plant breeding -a global perspective Jean-Marcel Ribaut
- Dissection of drought tolerance: vegetative and reproductive growth in water deficit Francois Tardieu
- Transpiration efficiency, new insight on an old story Vicent Vadez
- Comparative analysis of maize drought associated transcriptome and phosphoproteome Utlwang Batlang et al.
EDITED BY RODRIGO GUITERREZ
- Evidences supporting distinct function of three cytosolic glutamine synthetases and two NADH-glutamate synthases in rice Tomoyuki Yamaya and Miyako Kusano
- Nitrate-responsive transcriptional regulation Mineko Konishi and Shuichi Yanagisawa
- Ammonium reassimilation in Lotus japonicus AJ Marquez, M Betti, CM Pérez, M García-Calderón, A Credali, JM Vega, M Repcak and P Palove-Balang et al
- Nitrogen use efficiency in maize: from omics studies to metabolic modelling R Saha, M Simons, L Guillard, CD Maranas, Bertrand Hirel
- Nitrate allocation and plant growth Po-Kai Hsu, Kuo-En Chen, Hui-Yu Chen and Yi-Fang Tsay
- Plastidic aspartate aminotransferases and the biosynthesis of essential amino acids F de la Torre, C Avila, FM Cánovas
- Regulation of amino acid metabolism and transport Guillaume Pilot and Rejane Pratelli
- Getting to the root of systemic nitrogen signalling Ying Li, Gabriel Krouk, Gloria Coruzzi and Sandrine Ruffel
- Nitrogen metabolism and plant pathogen interaction Mathilde Fagard and Celine Masclaux
- The plant RWP-RK transcription factor family: structure, function and evolution A Krapp, T Girin, C Chardin, C Meyer
- The challenges of commercializing second generation traits: developing crops with enhanced nutrient use efficiency and stress tolerance SJ Rothstein, Y-M Bi, A Good
- Molybdenum transport in plants -in relation with the nitrogen metabolism Tsuneo Hakoyama and Toru Fujiwara
- Signal interactions in the regulation of root nitrate uptake Laurence Lejay and Alain Gojon
- Brachypodium distachyon: a promising hub between model species and cereals Francois Vedele
- Nitrogen regulatory networks controlling plant growth and development Rodrigo Gutierrez
- Nitrogen Signaling in Plant-Microorganisms Associations Adriana S. Hemerly
FOCUS PAPERS 2014
- Introduction to opportunities in plant synthetic biology Charis Cook & Ruth Bastow
- Synthetic biology approaches to metabolic engineering Nick Smirnoff & Chloe Singleton
- Plant synthetic biology: a new platform for industrial biotechnology R Edwards, E Fesenko, D Cook
- Synthetic biology approaches to engineering nitrogen fixation in cereals Giles Oldroyd & Christian Rogers
EDITED BY LARS HENNIG
- Role of chromatin state changes in water stress responses in plants Soon-Ki Han & Doris Wagner
- Variations on a theme - polycomb group proteins in plants Maria Derkacheva & Lars Hennig
- Epigenetic control of genome stability in Arabidopsis Daniel Grimanelli & Marie Mirouze