The Pentland Centre’s team are committed to education and are actively engaged in teaching across the University campus.
Dr Patrick Bigger brings his expertise on Economics and Finance, Dr Paul Young shares his insights on environmental challenges and in climate modelling and Dr Alison Stowell covers topics that focus on technology and management and the natural environment.
Below is a sample of the modules we are involved in (Click on the links above for further details of the LEC and LUMS degree programmes and modules).
LEC undergraduate Part I
- LEC.101 Global Environmental Challenges (Dr Paul Young – Contributing Lecturer)
- LEC.114 Society and space - Human Geography (Dr Patrick Bigger – Contributing Lecturer)
- LEC.181 Numerical Skills (Dr Paul Young)
LEC undergraduate Part II
- LEC.326 Cities and Globalization (Dr Patrick Bigger – Contributing Lecturer)
- LEC.378/LEC.477 Global Change and the Earth System (Dr Paul Young)
LUMS undergraduate Part I
- OWT.101 Managing Organisations, Human Resources and Technology (Dr Alison Stowell – Contributing Lecturer)
LUMS undergraduate Part II
- OWT.230 Management and the Natural Environment: Ethics and Sustainability (Dr Alison Stowell - Convenor)
- OWT.320 Managing People and Change (Dr Alison Stowell - Contributing Lecturer)
- MGNT321 Management in the 21st Century (Dr Alison Stowell - Contributing Lecturer)
- FMBA514 Responsible Management and Ethics (Dr Alison Stowell - Contributing Lecturer)