Rory DalyCareers and Placement Consultant
Rory is a graduate of Lancaster University having completed a BA in Politics and Philosophy and an MA in Applied Research and Consultancy. He has worked at the University in student facing roles since 2005, focusing on academic and soft skills development, coaching, and recruitment. With a particular interest in diversity issues, and community based learning, Rory is a member of the AGCAS Diversity Task Group.
Rory's role involves:
• representing LUMS to prospective employers and seeking appropriate new placement opportunities both nationally and internationally through liaising with employers
• delivering careers related modules to prepare student for placement and help them to reflect on their experiences.
• advising and guiding students (in groups or as individuals, online and in person) about the application process including, CVs, application forms, assessment centres, interviews and selection tests.
• monitoring the suitability of existing placement opportunities and ensuring that employers are aware of their responsibilities to the student and of the student’s and the University’s responsibilities to them
• promoting placement opportunities and benefits to students and advising students on their applications and on the requirements of them in undertaking a placement;
• providing a point of contact while the students are on placement, visiting students on placement, and providing feedback to employers following a placement