Zhan Pang is a lecturer of Management Science at Lancaster University Management School. He has a BS and a MS in Mathematics at Nanjing University, China, and a PhD in Operations Research at Chinese University of Hong Kong. Before joining Lancaster University in 2010, he had been working at the Department of Mathematics and Statistics of University of Calgary, Judge Business School of University of Cambridge, and Rotman School of Management of University of Toronto as postdoctoral research fellow. He was recently appointed by Norwegian School of Economics (NHH) as an adjunct associate professor.
Zhan Pang has published in pricing and revenue management, inventory and production operations management, risk management and supply chain management. His research has appeared in several leading international journals, including Operations Research, Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, Production and Operations Management, etc. His current research interests include big data and business analytics in marketing, operations and risk management, and corporate operational and risk strategy. He has consulted in the online retailing, pharmaceutical, health service, energy and financial service industries.
- Ph.D., Operations Research, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- B.S., M.S., Mathematics, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China.
- Dynamic Decision Making under Uncertainty
- Pricing Strategy and Revenue Management
- Supply Chain Operations and Risk Management
- Mechanism Design and Game Theory
- Energy Economics and Energy Systems Modeling
- "Coordinating Inventory Control and Pricing Strategies for Perishable Products" (with Xin Chen and Limeng Pan), 2012. Minor revision.
- "Inventory Rationing in a Make-to-Stock System with Batch Production and Multiple Demand Classes" (with Houcai Shen and T.C. Edwin Cheng), forthcoming in Production and Operations Management, 2013.
- "Coordinated Pricing and Inventory Control with Batch Production and Erlang Leadtimes" (with Frank Y. Chen), Probability in Engineering and Information Science, accepted, 2013.
- "Performance-Based Contracts for Outpatient Medical Services" (with Houyuan Jiang and Sergei Savin), Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 14 (4), 2012, 654-660.
- "A Note on the Structure of Joint Inventory-Pricing Control with Lead Times" (with Youhua Chen and Youyi Feng), Operations Research, 60 (3) 2012, 581-587.
- "The Value of Energy Storage in Domestic Homes: A Smart Grid Perspective''(with Pedro Crespo Del Granado and Stein W. Wallace ), Energy Systems, forthcoming.
- "Optimal Dynamic Pricing and Inventory Control with Stock Deterioration and Partial Backordering" Operations Research Letters 39 (5), 2011, 357-379.
- "The Component Procurement Problem for the Loss-Averse Manufacturer with Spot Purchase" (with Houcai Shen and T.C. Edwin Cheng) Int. J. of Production Economics 132 (1) 2011, 146-153.
- "Hedging Against Uncertainty: A Tale of Internet Data Center Operations under Smart Grid Environment" (with Lei Rao, Xue Liu and Le Xie) IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2 (3) 2011, 555-563.
- "Dynamic Pricing and Inventory Control in a Make-to-Stock Queue with Information on the Production Status" (with Liuxin Chen and Frank Y. Chen), IEEE Trans. on Auto. Sci. and Engineering, 8 (2) 2011, 361-373.
- "Network Capacity Management under Competition" (with Houyuan Jiang), Computational Optimization and Applications, 50 (2), 2011, 287-326.
- "Coordination of Production and Sales Admission Control in the Presence of a Spot Market", (with Youyi Feng), Naval Research Logistics 57(4), 2010, 309-329.
- "Optimal Control of Price and Production in an Assemble-to-Order System", (with Youyi Feng and Jihong Ou), Operations Research Letters 36(4) 2008, 506-512.
- "Optimal Control of Assemble-to-Order Systems with Multiple Demand Classes and Backordering", submitted, 2012.
- "Advance Selling to Consumers: A Supply Chain Perspective" (with Xuying Zhao and Kathryn Stecke), submitted, 2013.
- "Advance Selling with Price Guarantee: Profiting from Demand Uncertainty" (with Xuying Zhao), submitted, 2013.
- "Up-and-Down: The Bid Price Trends in Revenue Management" (with Oded Berman and Ming Hu), submitted, 2013.
- "Dynamic Financial Hedging Strategies for a Stochastic Commodity with Demand Uncertainty" (with Panos Kouvelis and Qing Ding), submitted, 2013.
- "Dynamic Outpatient Appointment Management with Patient Choice" (with Houyuan Jiang and Sergei Savin)
REFEREED CONFERENCE PAPERS
- "Value, Trading Strategies and Financial Investment of Natural Gas Storage Assets" (with Y. Feng), Northern Finance Association Conference 2008, Kananaskis.
- "Supply Chain Coordination via Capacity Options with Uncertain Demand and Supply'' (with H. Shen), IEEE: Systems, Man and Cybernetics, IEEE International Conference on Volume 7, 10-13 Oct. 5997 - 6002, 2004.
My curriculum vitae is available here.
Last updated on November 11, 2013.
[School] | [Department] |
Links on these pages to commercial sites do not represent an endorsement
by the Lancaster University or its affiliates.