Lancaster Centre for Bioethics & Medical Law Lancaster University is home to one of the UK's foremost research centres in Bioethics and Meical Law. The Centre brings together the work of internationally leading researchers from Law and Philosophy.
The Centre provides a home for the LLM/MA in Bioethics and Medical Law and a focal point for doctoral students in medical ethics and law. In recent years, Centre members have:
- attracted major research grands from the AHRC, the European Union, the Leverhulme Trust and the Wellcome Trust;
- published in leading ethics and law journals including Bioethics, the Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics, Child and Family Law Quarterly, Ethical Theory and Moral Practice, the European Journal of Health Law, the Journal of Applied Philosophy, the Journal of Medical Ethics, Legal Studies and the Medical Law Review;
- written and edited books for some of the world's best academic publishes including Cambridge University Press and Oxford University Press.
Two members of the editorial team for the UK's leading medical law journal, the Medical Law Review, work within the Centre: Professor Suzanne Ost (Editor in Chief) and Dr Sara Fovargue (Associate Editor, Book Reviews).
See further: http://medlaw.oxfordjournals.org/
Particular research strengths within the Centre include ethical and legal issues relating to:
- ‘End of life’ including assisted dying
- Genetics and Reproductive Technologies
- Organ Transplantation