What are the typical entry requirements that I need?
For the BA Hons Religious Studies (V627) and the BA Hons Ethics, Philosophy and Religion (VV56) entry requirements are as follows:
- A/AS-Levels: AAB-ABB We normally expect three A-levels. One (but only one) of these grades may be achieved from the average of two AS-level grades, one of which should have been taken in year 13, with each contributory grade in a different subject.
- General Studies: Accepted as one of the best 3 A-level grades.
- UCAS tariff: 320 pts from the above permitted combinations of A2/ AS grades.
- Key Skills: Not included in offer.
- Scottish Highers: ABBBB
- Irish Leaving Certificate: Offers will be made on the basis of 5 or 6 Higher level subjects. Please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office (01524 592028) for further information.
- Welsh Baccalaureate: We will accept the Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma where applicants take two A-Levels in addition to the Core. Applicants offering three A-Levels may be made more flexible offers.
- International Bacc: 32 pts overall with 16 pts from best three HL courses
- BTEC: DDD/DDM
- Mature Students: Applications welcome; promising candidates are interviewed. Please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office (01524 592028) for further information.
- IELTS: 6.5
Entry requirements for combined major degrees may differ from the above so please see the Undergraduate course search for details.
What if I haven't studied Religious Studies?
Don't worry. Many of our students have no previous qualifications in the subject. Our Part One foundation course does not assume any prior specialised knowledge.
Mature Students and Students with Special Needs
Mature students and students with special needs are welcome. Please see the How to Apply page for further information.
Please contact the Admissions Tutor, Professor Chakravarthi Ram-Prasad if you would like further information.