This section is routinely updated with news and annoucements from Research Services, including training dates, new services and upcoming events.
News and Announcements
The UK’s four higher education funding bodies have published the draft guidance and criteria on making submissions to the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021, for consultation. All of the document can be found here.
If you have any comments to feed into Lancaster’s response to the consultation please discuss with your faculty REF lead or send directly to Yvonne Fox, Head of Research Services.
Congratulations to this year’s winners of the Staff Awards who will be celebrated in July’s graduation ceremonies.
Research Impact Awards
- Professor Roger Kemp, Engineering, in recognition of influence on public policy on environmental issues and research dissemination by the national and international press.
- Professor Paul Baker, Linguistics and English Language, in recognition of work around the language of Polari which has contributed to uncovering and highlighting LGBT heritage.
Research Impact Team Awards
- LEC Research Team, in recognition of the work undertaken at the Centre for Global Innovation to support new eco-innovation projects: Professor Nigel Paul, Dr Ruth Alcock, Dr Andy Pickard, Carolyn Hayes, Dr Paul McKenna, Chris Jarvis, Dr Chris Holroyd, Ian Wright, Stephen King, Zoe Detko, Dr Laura O'Keefe, Fiona McVey, Georgia Faloone, Jan Parkinson and Vicky Lund.
REF 2021 Meetings
Message from Professor Stephen Decent, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research and Enterprise)
As part of the preparations for REF 2021, we are continuing a series of open REF meetings taking place over the coming months which will provide an opportunity for staff to hear more about REF 2021 and to ask questions. Attendance is optional, but it is understood that many people will want to ask questions or hear more. These open meetings are scheduled as follows:
Date/time: Monday 4th June 09:00-10:00
Venue: LUMS Lecture Theatre 3
Early-Career Focused Meeting
Date/time: Friday 22nd June 11:00-12:00
Venue: LUMS Lecture Theatre 3
If there is demand, then further meetings will be organised in the future.
I look forward to seeing you at the meetings.
Managing your Grants Post Award : Training 27/06/18 10.00-11.30
Successful PIs aim to have a portfolio of research funding to support their team ranging from small travel grants through to large multi-center international awards.
This session aims to provide you with information, tools and the contacts needed to manage your project in the most efficient way.
The session will cover:
1. Grant life-cycle overview – focus primarily on Post Award
2. PI role and responsibilities
3. Support tools
4. RSO post-award support
5. Other LU support
6. Working together
To book please follow this link: https://lancaster-uk.libcal.com/event/3329157
Click here for information about how the EU Referendum will impact upon EU Research.