- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy – works closely with Innovate UK and other Government departments to provide funding opportunities in line with the Industrial Strategy.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport – funds research that protects and promotes the UK’s cultural and artistic heritage and that helps businesses and communities to grow to make the UK a more attractive place to visit.
- Department for Education - funds a range of research that aims to provide high-quality evidence to inform policy development and delivery concerned with young people, education and families.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs - funds research concerned with the environment, rural matters, farming and food production.
- Department for International Development – funds long-term research initiatives focused on reducing poverty in developing countries.
- Department for Transport – funds science and engineering research, and social and behavioural research that impacts on transport policy.
- Department for Work and Pensions - commissions social science research that impacts on work and pensions policy.
- Food Standards Agency – funds research that impacts on policy and which ensures that food is safe, that people can have access to an affordable healthy diet, and can make informed choices about what they eat, now and in the future.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office - has a range of programme funds promoting the UK’s interests overseas.
- Home Office - funds a wide range of research projects in a number of areas including crime, policing, immigration, drugs, terrorism and security.
- Ministry of Defence - funds research which protects the security, independence and interests of the UK at home and abroad.
- Ministry of Justice - funds research that fits with its strategic priorities to deliver a prison and probation service that reforms offenders, a modern courts and justice system and a Global Britain that promotes the rule of law.
- National Institute of Health Research - commissions and funds research into public health, health services and organisation, clinical evaluation and translation and technology development.
- National Institute of Health - the NIH provides financial support in the form of grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts to support the advancement of the NIH mission to enhance health, extend healthy lives, and reduce the burdens of illness and disability.
- National Science Foundation – funds projects in a range of different scientific disciplines.