Principal Investigator (PI)
PIs are responsible for the financial management and integrity of their research projects in accordance with the funder’s terms and conditions, university regulations and the Concordat to Support Research Integrity.
Advice and guidance is provided to PIs by RSO through our webpages and departmental contacts and through your department and project administrators. Training can be arranged with colleagues across the university in all elements of grant management, please contact RSO for more information.
For each research grant they hold PIs must ensure that:
- They have read and understood the grant/contract terms and conditions of award
- Both funder and university procurement requirements are adhered to
- Timesheets are completed by relevant staff and authorised on a monthly basis when required
- Only legitimate costs that properly relate to the grant and which are in accordance with the contract are charged to the project
- Potential cost overruns are notified to the HoD and RSO as soon as they become apparent
- The research is conducted in an ethical manner in accordance with the University’s code of conduct and the Concordat to Support Research Integrity
- Interim and final reports are submitted to the funder on time