Developing a Proposal - Research Development Officers (RDOs)
The team of Research Development Officers (RDO) work alongside the costing team within Research Enterprise Services (RES) to support the preparation of research proposals including costing, internal approvals, identifying funders and negotiating terms and conditions, and advising on non-technical aspects of proposal development. All faculties have dedicated named RDOs; see our contact details page for more information.
RDOs can provide the following support for your proposal:
- Advice on impact plans, justification for resources, data management plans, generic University information;
- Funder terms and conditions, eligibility, compliance with call guidance;
- Liaison with collaborators, funders, University contracts office;
- Costings and approvals (with Costing Team);
- Facilitating University letters of approval, University equipment fund and other match funding;
- Making the final submission on behalf of the Institution; and
- Liaison with Senior Research Development Managers for large (typically over £1M) or strategic proposals.
Other areas of support include:
- Help with identifying and setting up funding opportunity searches Research Connect
- Training in research development including uptake of key University/Faculty/Department training and information events.
Please contact your named RDO for further information/support. If you are unsure who to contact about your proposal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible for assistance.