Student Based Services
Contact Us|
the base

The Base - The Base is a one stop enquiry desk - if you need advice on any student matter, check with us. The staff on the desk will be able to make appointments with specialist staff where needed. We are located in Alexandra Square next to the Library.





Accommodation help

Accommodation - Each college has a Residence Officer who deals with day to day student enquiries. The central office deals with general enquiries, as well as the administration of family flats.

Centre for Enterprise, Employability and Craeers

Careers provide information, advice and guidance on going into work, placement, further study and developing your skills.







Counselling and Mental Health - Staff provide confidential and professional support on personal, family, social or academic matters by both appointment and drop-in sessions. A specialist student mental health advisor supports students who experience mental health difficulties.

disability support

Disability - staff provide advice and guidance to students with disabilities and support needs from the first enquiry through to graduation. About 5% of first year students declare a disability and many continue with us to progress to postgraduate study.




student funding

Student Funding and Financial Aid - We provide information, advice and guidance on all aspects of student funding and financial aid, including University financial awards, UK Government support, U.S. Loans and other general money matters, such as costs and budgeting.

international students

International students - We provide information, advice and guidance on visa extension, rules on working in the UK, general welfare and cultural orientation. The designated point of advice for immigration issues.






mental health

Healthcare - Students enjoy excellent health services with a GP practice, pharmacy and a private dental practice. For information on urgent help click here

student registry

Student Registry - We provide information, advice and guidance on academic records, registration and exam related matters to both students and faculty staff.





general help and welfare

General Welfare - We offer support with a range of issues (personal, general, welfare, study-related) This includes guidance on changing direction by suspending, transfering or withdrawing from a course of study.

Search SBS

| Home | Accessibility | Site Map | Disclaimer and Copyright |