National Student Money Week - 12th to 16th March 2012
For more information on NSMW please see NASMA (National Association of Student Money Advisers) website
Finances needn’t cause you worry when you are a student if you plan ahead and take some advice about managing your money effectively, and do all you can to maximise the money available to you. There is support available throughout the year to help you with this, and during National Student Money Week students can learn about money, win prizes, and learn that funding can in fact be fun!
The Student Funding Team, in conjuction with SU, will be will running some events and drop in sessions during National Student Money Week to help and encourage you to 'Manage your Finances, rather than letting your finances manage you!’
As a start see.... Top Tips for budgeting Your Money.
Events will include:
- Are you getting all the funding that you are entitled to?
- Do you need some help in understanding what you do have and how you could budget better?
- Have you found yourself in a sticky financial situation? Being a student doesn’t mean you have to get into piles of debt.
2012 Funding – Have you applied yet?
- Chat to an advisor about what to do or any problems you have
– more details to follow
- During the week there will be a Money Tree situated in The Base, in University House. We want your best money savings tips to share with other students. Please stick your top money saving tips to the tree, using the post-its provided, and add your Library Card number, so we can contact the winner!
At the end of the week the Funding Team will select the most ingenious top tip and you will win a ‘Night for Two, including Breakfast in the Holiday Inn in Lancaster’. (kindly donated by Holiday Inn, Lancaster)
Guess the cost of the Shopping Basket
- During the week we will have a competition in The Base, in University House. To win the contents of the basket all you need to do is guess the cost of the shopping.
At the end of the week the winning guess will win the contents of the basket and will receive ingredients to make a lovely meal.
(kindly donated by Booths in Scotforth)