International Students - Homepage
The International Student Advisory Service (ISAS) is part of Student Based Services. We provide advice and guidance on visas and other immigration matters. We issue the confirmation of acceptance to study (CAS) that international students need for their visa. We operate a drop-in at the Base for quick questions, and we are happy to arrange a longer appointment with one of our advisers for more complex queries.
Follow the links below to find out more information
- Pre-Arrival Guide This guide includes advice to new students about how to prepare for studying at Lancaster University, including guidance about obtaining visas, travelling to Lancaster, planning your costs, accessing medical care in the UK, the structure of the University and the support available to international students.
- Visas This section tells you what you need to do to get a visa for studying at Lancaster, and some information about entry clearance (getting through the UK border) including “credibility interviews”, and what to do if you need to extend your visa.
- Getting Here This section tells you how to get to Lancaster University, including how to book our airport pick-up service
- Intro Week, Orientation and Registration Learn about the activities for international students in intro week (the week before teaching starts), and what you have to do to register with the University (to become officially a student) and also to register with the police (a requirement of most visas)
- Doctorate Extension This is a new 12 month extension to your Tier 1 visa if you are a PhD student about to complete your course. It is very important that you apply before you are awarded so find out more about that here.
- General Support and Social Activities This section explains the drop-in session and appointments that we offer and some information for students with families. ISAS has strong links with Rotary International.