Co-location at Lancaster University
Our award winning buildings enable technology businesses to co-locate onto the Lancaster University campus and work alongside our cutting-edge researchers in a unique collaborative environment.
Base your entire company on campus, just your R&D staff, or take a hot desk when you need it. Access funding for R&D, extra resources, world class expertise and facilities, to give your business a competitive edge.
The School of Computing and Communications has a long and successful history of working with micro, small and medium enterprise, and large organisation such as Microsoft, BT Labs, Orange, Cisco, Nokia and Ford. We welcome both local and international digital centric businesses. We have housed more than 50 companies since 2007, and worked with over 1000 small and medium enterprises (SMEs) since 2005, supporting them with European Regional Development Funds in excess of £10M.
Resident Engagement Support Programme - up to 50% discount on office rental rates
Companies based in the School and the Lancaster Environment Centre can now apply for up to 50% discount off office rental rates, depending on their level of engagement with the University each year.
Why host your business in the School of Computing and Communications?
- Lancaster University is ranked in the top 10 for interactions with SMEs
- Proven track record of success- over 1000 SMEs assisted and over 50 businesses housed in SCC since 2007
- Flexible and bespoke accommodation package with the option of hot desks or office space with room sizes ranging from for 2 -10 people
- Access to world class research in communications and networking, interactive systems, pervasive systems, software engineering and human-computer interaction, data science, cybersecurity and digital health.
- Business development team to facilitate relationships with our local, nation and global contacts
- Specialist programmes to access international markets, e.g. take advantage of our links with China and Africa
- Access extra resources from skilled students all year round
- SCC is a leading edge systems resource centre, with 91% of our research rated as world leading or internationally excellent
- Opportunities to partner with the University in the delivery of training
- Collaborate with other resident companies in the School, plus environmental consultancies in our Environment Centre and chemical related businesses in cTAP, with our specialist events programme with company breakfast/lunch meetings
- Access to the wider university community through SCC contacts