Access Our Students
We provide organisations with an extensive range of ways to access the technical expertise of our students, through internships, partnerships, collaborative award studentships, project work, and careers fairs. Employers benefit from our high calibre students and our students gain practical experience that will enhance their potential employability.
Benefits of student projects and placements
- Trial a potential student or graduate employee
- Access a broad mix of expertise
- Gain up-to-date skills and knowledge
- Address a skill or resource shortage
- Save valuable staff time with a low cost resource
- Give a student valuable industry experience
- Trial a new role or research a new idea
- Part-funded two month internships available
Business and Enterprise Projects
We successfully place students from School of Computing and Communications degree schemes into organisations each year, ranging from local and regional small and medium sized businesses to International Corporations.
Some of the schemes we can offer include:
- Consultancy Projects and Internships – from ten days to twelve month projects
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP) – one to three year projects
- Collaborative Awards in Science and Engineering (CASE) – three to five year projects
- Doctorial Training Centres (DTCs) – six months to three year projects
Employers are invited to attend careers fairs and workshops with our students, which provide a free opportunity to communicate one-to-one with over 1000 potential candidates and enhance your company profile.