Scholarships and Funding
We currently offer Faculty of Science and Technology Scholarships for:
- MSc Cyber Security
- MSc Computer Science
- MSc Data Science
Home/EU scholarship is £3,000
Overseas scholarship is £4,000
The scholarship is awarded as a fee reduction and is allocated on academic excellence of the applicant or high potential of the applicant.
Recipients of a scholarship will be asked to pay a deposit of £750 within 28 days of award. Failure to do so will mean the scholarship is reallocated later in the cycle.
For further information about making an application please email email@example.com
Alumni Loyalty Sponsorship
Lancaster University will offer a reduction in tuition fees to all taught Master’s programmes for eligible applicants, determined by the level of undergraduate award achieved. The value of the scholarship is as follows:
- 20% fee reduction for 1st Class Hons degree holders
- 10% fee reduction for 2:1 Hons degree holders
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Alumni Loyalty Scholarship you must either:
- Hold an undergraduate degree from Lancaster University (achieved at any time) or
- Hold an undergraduate degree from Lancaster University, achieved at any time, including one delivered through an associated institution, or
- Have graduated from one of our partner institutions with a Lancaster University degree (LU Ghana; Sunway University Malaysia; or Goenka Institution India) or
- Have studied at Lancaster University via our Study Abroad programme
The Scholarship is open to all our Alumni, regardless of their nationality or year of graduation. You do not need to apply for this scholarship; you will qualify automatically if you meet the eligibility criteria and the course entry requirements.
Postgraduate Loan Scheme
In November 2015 the UK Government confirmed that a new postgraduate loan scheme will be introduced for students commencing master’s courses in the 2016/17 academic year.
Non-means-tested loans of up to £10,000 will be made available to students applying to taught and research Masters courses. PhD students will be funded through a separate scheme. These are available to students under the age of 60 across all discipline areas and are considered a contribution toward the cost of the postgraduate study. As postgraduate funding is considered a devolved matter for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, loans are only available for students resident in England.Learn more