Distinguished Visitor Programme
The Distinguished Visitor Programme aims to:
- Build new or strengthen existing international links between Lancaster and leading universities worldwide at the research group, departmental and Faculty level
- Increase Lancaster's ability to deliver outstanding research and to enhance the experience of Lancaster's early career researchers through collaborations with world-leading overseas academics, through co-authored publications in top journal percentiles
- Raise Lancaster's international visibility and appeal amongst academics in the world's top 100 universities
To nominate a visitor they must be research active and recognised world-leaders in an area of research complementary to that at Lancaster, and be based at an internationally leading overseas university.
The visits will support research that has clear potential to lead to new 4* quality research publications and/or new grants and to increase Lancaster's recognition and appeal for academic recruitment at all levels.
This funding will support visits of up to three months. Visits of less than a month can be supplemented by funding for follow-ups, such as by the distinguished visitor or a junior researcher from the same group to Lancaster.
The visitor is expected to deliver seminars/lectures during their stay at Lancaster and other leading UK universities as appropriate for the length of visit. For example, a three-month visit may involve a general colloquium for the University staff, 2-4 specialist lectures for young researchers and staff at Lancaster, and 1-2 seminars at leading UK universities.
How to apply
You should discuss your application with the relevant panel chair prior to the deadline and they will help to develop the visit so that it benefits the Faculty and the University.
The fund will cover:
- Economy class travel from overseas
- A maximum of £75 per night accommodation. University accommodation should be used when possible.
- A maximum of £30 per diem expenses
There are 3 calls per year. The upcoming submission dates are:
- 12 noon on Friday 29th June 2018
- 12 noon on Friday 16th November 2018
- 12 noon on Friday 22nd February 2019
- 12 noon on Friday 28th June 2019
|Panel A Chair||Panel B Chair|
|Professor Richard Haley
LEC (Physical Sciences)
|Professor David Leslie
Mathematics and Statistics
Computing and Communications
LEC (Bio and Social Sciences)