Why register interest?
1. Gain resources and time to develop innovative new products, processes and services for your competitive advantage
Each successful business will be matched with an appropriately skilled graduate with a background in biological science, environmental science, engineering, chemistry, computing, communications, geography, maths, physics, or statistics, to take your research idea forward full time and explore it intensively over three years. Each graduate researcher will be fully supported and supervised by leading researchers, further extending your R&D capacity.
2. Access extensive, fully-equipped research and development workshops and laboratories worth over £45 million
Facilities available for use by businesses through collaborative research projects include:
- Cyber-security laboratories
- Dilution refrigerators for the lowest temperature testing in the world
- High-resolution mass spectroscopy for environmental chemistry
- Glasshouse spaces and controlled environment plant growth rooms
- Additive manufacturing facility used from concept product development through to full manufacturing lifecycle management
- New £4m class 100 and class 1000 clean rooms equipped with devices for electron-beam, lithography machine, photolithography, plasma processing, thin-film deposition, scanning electron and probe microscopy
- Over £7m new chemistry facilities through our Collaborative Technology Access Programme, including nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy
All our facilities are supported by teams of experienced technicians. We also have office space and hot desks available.
3. Break barriers to innovation and explore commercial opportunities through significantly funded three year R&D projects
Funding support available for businesses will be up to £100,000. Businesses will be asked to contribute up to £5,500 per year towards the costs of their researcher.
4. Gain a trusted partner with a track record of successful industry collaboration
As over 5000 businesses have already discovered, partnering with us is a reliable, time-efficient way of tapping into our huge resources and academic expertise to achieve success. Lancaster University, one of only four UK universities to achieve the Small Business Charter Gold Award, is ranked top ten for interactions with SMEs by Government and has more than £18 million of activity with business in Science and Technology disciplines alone.
View Case Studies
There is a rolling call for projects and a competitive process to select the best business projects.
“If you have a clearly defined project already, you can register online in minutes, and one of our team will contact you. If you have an idea or challenge you want to talk through or need us to help scope the project for, or want to find out more about our other funded activities, please contact me.”
Sarah Mills, Operations Manager, Lancaster University.