SUDS, SABs and National Standards Conference
Tuesday 22 March 2011, 0915-1605
LEC Training Rooms 1 And 2
British Water is delighted to announce a Sustainable Drainage Systems (SUDS) one day conference specifically aimed at:
• SUDS Approving Bodies (SABs)
• Local authority officers in drainage, planning & related departments
• Consulting engineers
• Environment agency staff & other regulatory authority officers
• Government officers
• British Water members & the supply chain personnel
• Water utility/company personnel
• Research institutes & universities
• Land owners/developers and architectsSUDS Introduction
The Flood and Water Management Act 2010 is a significant piece of legislation which includes provision for the management of surface water in connection with flooding and coastal erosion. The Act, which is being implemented, establishes 'SUDS Approving Bodies' in county and unitary local authorities in England with a role to approve drainage systems in new developments and redevelopments before construction.
Incorporating SUDS into surface water drainage offers potential benefits* in:
• reducing flood risk;
• minimising diffuse pollution;
• maintaining or restoring natural flow regimes;
• improving water resources;
• enhancing amenity.
To support this, new National Standards for SUDS are being drafted. This conference offers potential planners, landscape architects, designers, engineers, local authority employees, etc a chance to hear from a team of experts the progress made to date.
NB *Environment Agency stated benefitsCost
Local Authorities • £65.00 + £13.00 VAT = £ 78.00
Environment Agency staff • £65.00 + £13.00 VAT = £ 78.00
Research Institutes & Universities • £65.00 + £13.00 VAT = £ 78.00
British Water Members • £65.00 + £13.00 VAT = £ 78.00
Non Members • £110.00 + £22.00 VAT = £ 132.00
Display Table for Company Literature ** • £280.00 + £56.00 VAT = £ 336.00
** Companies & organisations will be able to display materials and erect a pop-up stand to maximise their exposure during the day
Please direct all enquiries to Jeremy Bayfield at British Water:
Tel: 020 7957 4608
Fax: 020 7957 4565
Full programme details and booking form is available for download below.