Launch your career in research and development with an industry-focused three year funded PhD for graduates with a background in biological sciences, chemistry, communications, computing, engineering, environmental sciences, geography, mathematics, physics or related disciplines.
Our first cohort of 12 PhDs are now open for application
We expect to advertise more in the coming weeks and months for January 2017, April 2017, June 2017 and October 2017 starts.
Register now to be the first to be invited to apply for our industry-focused three year funded PhDs.
Why do an industry-focused PhD?
- Do you want to develop your skills and experience in science or engineering to undertake a rewarding and well-paid career?
- Have you considered doing a PhD but thought that was just for people wanting to be academics?
- Are you interested in how new products, processes and services are developed?
- Do you want to be part of a large, strong graduate cohort underpinning the development of radically new products and services?
- Do you want to work alongside the people in businesses doing your dream job whilst gaining a PhD?
- Do you have what it takes to be a postgraduate at a world-class university?
If the answer is yes, apply for one of our first cohort of 12 PhDs here and register your interest now to be the first to be invited to apply for our next cohort of industry-focused three year funded PhD from Lancaster University.
You could be part of a new cohort of exceptional PhD researchers working in a unique partnership between academia and business. You will be working with a leading high-growth business undertaking intensive R&D on a specific research project to underpin the development of a new product or service, using this work as the basis of your PhD programme of study. Other cohorts of researchers will start their industry-focused PhDs in January 2017, April 2017, June 2017 and October 2017, for which you can also register interest now.
Successful applicants could:
- Receive £15,000 tax-free per year
- Undertake a substantive collaborative project with a business with a base in the North West of England
- EU/UK gradates - have your postgraduate tuition fees fully funded for by your partner business, worth £4,195/year
- Non EU/UK graduates - have your fees subsidised from £17,510/year to £13,315/year (see published rates by year of entry)
- Become part of a cohort of graduates working with an award-winning team on business-led R&D
- Develop new products, processes and services
- Be in an enviable position to develop a long-term well-paid career
- Gain a postgraduate qualification from a world-leading university
- Finish in a strong position to enter a competitive job market in the UK and overseas
Why Lancaster University?
Lancaster University is ranked among the top ten universities in the UK. We have invested over £450m into our campus in the last ten years, including our new Engineering building, the refurbishment of the Library, Physics and Chemistry facilities and a £20m sports centre and facilities, with a further £135m investment planned. We’re great for nurturing talent and links with industry; we’ve over 5000 successful partnerships with businesses. We’re global, with a huge number of research links around the world which provide exciting opportunities for our students, and we’re collegiate, you will join our Graduate College, providing you with a supportive student environment.
If you have any questions not covered in our FAQs page or 3 Year Industry-led funded PhDs Flyer then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Launch your successful career in research and development with an industry-focused three year funded PhD from Lancaster University.
Lancaster University’s Centre for Global Eco-Innovation manages the Low Carbon Lancashire Innovation Hub (LoCaL-i), part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.