Discipline Area: Continuous Improvement
Description of role, including any specific skills required
The project work in this team will be to undertake a review of business services and administrative support services provided on site, in order to identify where and how improvements can be made. This will include the concept of centralising services, looking for value and efficiency savings/synergies and looking to introduce modern technology in the way such services are delivered.
Anticipated business benefits
This will provide the station with the opportunity to gain an independent view of all support and administrative activities carried out on site. This will hopefully lead to efficiencies whereby processes may become more streamlined and indeed easier in some cases by the introduction of more modern technology, including the integration of ICT solutions.
Anticipated benefits to the individual
- The chance to gain experience by carrying out a full due diligence review of all support/administrative activities carried out on the station. This includes the ability to make recommendations to make support activities more streamlined and in some cases introducing more modern technology in the workplace
- Provides an individual with an oversight of the operation of a £0.5Bn turnover business;
- Earn an equivalent full-time salary of £15,000
- Gain invaluable experience that complements your degree scheme
- Work within the energy sector, one of the most vibrant industries
- Spend time within different functions of the plant, as well as on project-based work within a specialist topic
- Potential to join the EDF graduate scheme after the placement