CANCELLED: The CRC: Planning for the Future
Tuesday 19 October 2010, 0830-1315
Lancaster Environment Centre
This event has been cancelled.
The Carbon Reduction Commitment Energy Efficiency Scheme (CRC) is the new and mandatory UK government scheme designed to reduce UK businesses' energy use and carbon emissions. The scheme is now up-and running and if companies do not meet the mandated requirements of the scheme fines will be imposed of in excess of £90,000.
Do you know what your company needs to do next to excel in the CRC? Registration for the scheme closed on the 30th September. With over 5000 UK organisations registered as participants, your organisation needs to know what to do next.
- The April 2011 deadline for participants to accurately forecast and buy allowances to cover energy consumption and CO2 emissions for the following year.
- The publication of the CRC League table in October 2011 and the need to maximise your organisations performance in the table.
To address these and various other issues, INTEB is running a free 'CRC Planning for the Future' seminar. The event will involve ample opportunity to hear about the latest CRC developments, ask questions of the expert speakers and to hear about the way other companies are dealing with the implications of the scheme.
Who will be present at the event?
As well as experts from INTEB, also present at the event will be:
- Environmental lawyer Claire Gregory of Brabners Chaffe Street.
- Sustainability expert Frank Mills from SKM Consulting who will provide an expert's view on sustainable buildings.
- Paul Black, leading sustainable behavioural change consultant.
- Representatives of the Lancaster Environment Centre and Lancaster University Management School Attendance at the event is essential for any firm that wants to excel within the CRC, the biggest development of the past 50 years in UK government policy to regulate the environmental impacts of business.