Lancaster Environment Centre Showcase 2014
Thursday 18 September 2014, 1600-1930
Lancaster Environment Centre
Lancaster University's Environment Centre (LEC), a vibrant community of over 450 university and government scientists, is hosting a special showcase event to welcome new companies to the centre and explore future partnerhsips.
Our facilities for business are the best of their kind, our office spaces were highlighted as an exemplar in a government report on universities-businesses interactions. We have invested £35M in our buildings and facilities during the past decade, housed more than 50 countries since 2007, and worked with over 1000 small and medium enterprises (SMEs) since 2005, supporting them with European Regional Development Funds in excess of £18.5M.
Come to our showcase event to find out more about our funded projects for businesses, hear from resident businesses how they benefit from being part of our global community, tapping into funding, accessing extra resources, world class expertise and facilities, to give their business a competitive edge. Take a guided tour of facilities, register for ‘meet the expert’ sessions on engaging with Lancaster University and the resident company experience, and network with like-minded businesses at the exhibition of resident companies and LEC research portfolio.
Business and research leaders will be available to highlight the options on offer. For those businesses new to working with Lancaster University, we can help you access £5,000 to begin your new collaboration.
Light refreshments served throughout the event.
Why collaborate with the Environment Centre?
- Lancaster University is ranked in the top 10 for interactions with SMEs
- Proven track record of success- over 50 businesses housed in LEC since 2007
- Flexible bespoke accommodation package with hot desks and rooms for 2 -10 people
- Extensive state of the art research laboratories and R&D facilities
- Access to world class research in plant and crop sciences, ecology and conservation, earth sciences, atmospheric sciences, water and soil sciences, environmental chemistry, and society and environment
- Business development team to facilitate relationships with our local, nation and global contacts
- Specialist programmes to access international markets, e.g. the world's fasted growing economy China
- Access extra resources from skilled students all year round, free one month internship worth £1320 for the first five companies to sign up to office space
- LEC is one of Europe's top environmental research centres, is ranked first in the UK for collaboration with oil and gas and in the top 20 agri-tech and agri-science organisations
"Being based on the campus is of immeasurable value to my business. At any one time there are usually several collaborations going on, commercial and research based. Above all we value the continuous exchange of ideas."
Mike Berners-Lee, Director, Small World Consulting Limited
Register Now: www.lec-showcase.eventbrite.co.uk or contact Dr Ruth Alcock, Head of Enterprise & Business Partnerships, LEC, firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0)1524 510285 for more details about collaboration.
4.00pm - Registration and refreshments
4.30pm - Welcome -Dr Ruth Alcock, Head of Enterprise and Business Partnerships, LEC
4.40pm - Research at LEC, Professor John Quinton
5.00pm - Talks from one of our co-located Partners- 'Benefits of Co-location'
5.15pm - Networking and refreshments
5.30pm - Meet the Experts sessions
6.00pm - Tour the Facilities
6.30pm - Meet the Experts sessions
7.00pm - Networking
7.30pm - Close