Cyber Security MSc
The overall aim of this MSc is to equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to work within the IT security profession. It takes advantage of Lancaster having recently been awarded the highly prestigious status of an EPSRC-GCHQ Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research, and combines advanced technical skills with disciplines such as Economics, Risk Management, Psychology and Social Science. Its strength and uniqueness lies in its multidisciplinary nature, merging expertise from across Lancaster’s faculties to educate the next generation of security specialists.
The technical modules within the degree offer the skills and knowledge required to enable students to obtain the industrially recognised professional qualifications of CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) and CHFI (Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator)
- Communication Systems : MSc
- Communication Systems (by research) : MSc
- Communications Systems : PhD
- Computer Science : MPhil/PhD
- Computer Science : MSc
- Computer Science (by research) : MSc
- Developmental Disorders : MSc
- Developmental Psychology : MSc
- Environment, Culture and Society : MSc
- HighWire : PhD
- Psychological Research Methods : MSc
- Psychology : MPhil/PhD
- Psychology of Advertising : MSc
- Social Psychology : MSc
- Statistics and Operational Research (STOR-i) : MRes
- Statistics and Operational Research (STOR-i) : PhD
Search Our Courses
For Entry: 2014
Director of Studies: Professor Awais Rashid.
Duration: 12 months full-time, 24/36 months part-time.
Entry Requirements: Second class honours degree, or its equivalent, in Psychology, Computing or a closely related discipline. Relevant industry experience may be considered.
Assessment: Coursework and dissertation.
IELTS: 6.5 or equivalent.
Funding: All applicants should consult www.lancs.ac.uk/pgfunding/
Duration: Full time 1 Year(s)
Department: Computing and Communications (School of)
Phone: +44 (0)1524-510311
For information on the course structure as followed by our current students, please see Lancaster University's Online Courses Handbook