Sustainable Water Management PGCert
This scheme combines modules in hydrology, water quality and ecology with a research project tailored towards developing skills relevant to a career in the water sector, either in the UK or mainland Europe.
You will be taught by world experts in the field, including staff from the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology (within the Lancaster Environment Centre) and industry leader JBA Consulting.
Your specialised project will benefit from our strong research links with organisations such as Dwr Cymru Welsh Water, United Utilities, JBA Consulting, the Environment Agency, Defra and the UK Government Research Councils. Some projects involve placements within the organisations.
The PgCert provides an opportunity for postgraduate learning and professional development for those who are unable to commit to a full MSc programme. The award requires the successful completion of four 15 credit modules, selected from the modules available on the MSc course.
Choose four from:Behaviour of Pollutants in the EnvironmentCatchment Protection (field course)Conservation BiologyContaminated Land and RemediationData Assimilation and IntegrationEnvironmental Applications of Isotope GeochemistryEnvironmental AuditingEnvironmental ManagementEnvironmental Sampling and Analysis for Trace OrganicsFlood Forecasting and Flood Risk ManagementFood Security, Agriculture and Climate ChangeGeoinformaticsGeological HazardsGroundwater Resources and ProtectionHabitat ManagementInternational Environmental LawLake EcologyModelling Environmental ProcessesOne of six modules on river, floodplain and coastal risk management taught by JBA ConsultingPerspectives on Environment and DevelopmentPollution MicrobiologyRenewable EnergySustainable Soil Management
- Biological Science : PhD
- Contamination, Risk Assessment and Remediation : MSc
- Contamination, Risk Assessment and Remediation : PGCert
- Data Science for the Environment : MSc
- Ecology (by research) : MSc
- Ecology and Conservation : MSc
- Ecology and Conservation : PGCert
- Energy and the Environment : MSc
- Environment and Development : MSc
- Environment and Development : PGCert
- Environment and Development : MA
- Environmental Management and Consultancy : MA
- Environmental Science : PhD
- Environmental Science (by research) : MSc (research)
- Environmental Science and Technology : MSc
- Environmental Science and Technology : PGCert
- Environmental and Biochemical Toxicology : MSc
- Food Challenges for the 21st Century : PGCert
- Geography : PhD
- International Innovation : MSc
- International Innovation (Environmental Science) : MSc
- Plant Sciences (by research) : MSc (research)
- Resource and Environmental Management : MSc
- Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security : MSc
- Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security : PGCert
- Sustainable Water Management : MSc
- Volcanology and Geological Hazards : MSc
Search Our Courses
For Entry: 2015
Director of Studies:Dr Nick Chappell.
Duration:12 months full-time, 24 months part-time.
Entry requirements:Upper second class honours degree, or its equivalent, in a relevant subject. We can also consider applicants with a lower second class (or equivalent) if they have relevant work experience (including voluntary work).
IELTS:6.5 or equivalent.
Assessment:Coursework, presentations, examinations and dissertation
Funding: All applicants should consult our information on fees and funding.
Duration: Full time 10 Week(s), Part time 10 Week(s)
Department: Lancaster Environment Centre
Phone: +44 (0)1524 510257
For information on the course structure as followed by our current students, please see Lancaster University's Online Courses Handbook