Research Impact Fund
Grants of up to £5000 are now available to support academics in the generation, tracking and evidencing of impact, linked to excellent research.
Applications will be reviewed on a case by case basis and funding will be contingent on the ability of the proposed activity to enhance the Faculty’s impact return to the Research Excellence Framework (REF). This could be activity that supports the impact environment or the generation of an impact case study.
The funds must be spent before the financial year end but repeat applications to the fund will be permitted.
The call deadlines for this financial year are as follows:
- 5 pm, Tuesday 1st August 2017
- 5 pm, Friday 1st December 2017
The grants cannot be used to fund staff time (academic or researchers) but can support small amounts of student time. Further guidance is available to download with the Research Impact Fund Criteria and Application Form.
We advise contacting these people as soon as possible if you are thinking of submitting an application.
- Chemistry - Dr John Hardy
- Engineering - Professor Malcolm Joyce
- Lancaster Environment Centre - Dr Ruth Alcock
- Mathematics & Statistics - Professor David Leslie
- Physics - Professor Manus Hayne
- Psychology - Professor Chris Plack
- School of Computing and Communications - Dr Steve Fish
Applications should be sent to the Research Impact Fund Panel via the Faculty's Impact Manager Dr Amy Gibbons.