ADAS UK Limited's ecology business comprises a highly skilled team focused on providing services to a range of clients, particularly developers and the renewable energy and rural industries. As a result of success in this area the company requires three seasonal ecology consultants for the busy summer period with the energy and drive to deliver high quality work, and excellent customer service. This is a job full of variety and interaction and offers the opportunity to work and gain experience with one the UK’s leading ecology companies.
The successful candidates will join one of the teams working from the company's busy offices in Preston, Cambridge and Oxford. You will apply your developing ecological expertise to an existing portfolio of work as well as becoming involved in new commissions as they arise, in all parts of the UK
• Support ADAS Ecology consultants to carry out ecological surveys and mitigation work for a range of species and habitats including bats, Great Crested Newts, badgers, water voles and dormice.
• It will be necessary to work flexibly with regard to type of work, timing (some night time/weekend working may be required) and location.
• Carry out desk studies, consultations, research, data management and analysis and report writing.
• Deliver work as efficiently as possible, meet agreed timescales/quality standards and deliver reports on time.
One of the internships will be part-funded by Lancaster Environment Centre. All interns will be paid the National Minimum Wage of £6.31 per hour.
These are full time summer internships, due to take place across the three months of June, July and August.
• Full driving licence, (mileage rate of 45ppm for use of own car)
• Experience with ecology survey work for protected species
• Experience of habitat/botanical surveying
• Experience of ecological mitigation work
ADAS UK Ltd.
Company offices: Preston , Cambridge , Oxford
£6.31 (plus holiday pay)
Mon 5th May 2014
To be confirmed