TNP has a number of systems written in-house that support day-to-day operations. These include Customer Relationship management, Network management and monitoring, customer databases and curcuit provisioning systems.
As the company has grown and its business processes have evolved it has highlighted functionality which is missing or could be enhanced in these systems. Many of the systems were built in isolation as the requirements arose. This has led to rekeying of information and potential errors.
This project will be based at InfoLab21 within TNP's offices and is funded by the Knowledge Business Centre in InfoLab.
The project will consider the improvement and potential harmonisation of TNP's existing business systems which have been written in PHP. The total time for the project would be 6 weeks with 2 weeks to shadow TNP staff and gain a better understanding of the business and telecoms sector.
The project contact will be TNP's Operations Manager Paul Astle. The output of the project will be functioning improvements to the company's business systems.
* Strong communications skills
* Ability to work independently
* A working knowledge of PHP or relevant programming language
* A working knowledge of CSS and HTML
* A working knowledge of SQL and DBMS such as Postgresql or MySQL
* Although not mandatory an interest in Networking would be beneficial to get the most out of the internship.
The Networking People Limited
InfoLab21 , Lancaster University , Lancaster
£6.31 (plus holiday pay)
Sun 29th June 2014
To be confirmed