Postgraduate Opportunities in Engineering
Five MSc (by Research) opportunities as well as a funded PhD in Renewable Energy are currently available in Lancaster's Engineering Department.
MSc by Research
The MSc opportunities, each with a significant living allowance, are offered by Lancaster Product Development Unit (LPDU), the Outreach Team of the Engineering Department. Three are focused on rapid manufacturing and two on sustainable product development. The MSc titles are:
- MSc Engineering (by Research) in Rapid Manufacturing Supply Chain and Implementation Strategies for the NW Region
- MSc Engineering (by Research) in Rapid Manufacturing Design Scenarios
- MSc Engineering (by Research) in Rapid Manufacturing Part Consolidation, Optimisation and Waste Reduction
- MSc Engineering (by Research) in Carbon Footprint Methodology Development
- MSc Engineering (by Research) in Social Impact Assessment
Each one attracts a studentship that covers the Home/EU course registration fee and which provides a maintenance living allowance of £8500.
Renewable Energy PhD
The engineering department's Renewable Energy Group also has funding to support a PhD in the design build and test of a river based low head hydro power system.
Tue 12 June 2007
Lancaster University computer scientists are at the forefront of a UK-wide BBC initiative launched today to inspire a new generation to get creative with coding, programming and digital technology.
Tue 07 July 2015
Over 200 pupils from eight schools across the North West got a taste of what it’s like to study STEM subjects at Lancaster University.
Wed 01 July 2015
Researchers at three top UK universities are developing new ways to simultaneously power and communicate with robots and other digitally connected devices – commonly known as the Internet of Things.
Mon 29 June 2015
An engineering student has received an award in the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Mechatronic Student of the Year contest.
Wed 10 June 2015