Postgraduate Opportunities in Engineering
Five MSc (by Research) opportunities as well as a funded PhD in Renewable Energy are currently available in Lancaster's Engineering Department.
MSc by Research
The MSc opportunities, each with a significant living allowance, are offered by Lancaster Product Development Unit (LPDU), the Outreach Team of the Engineering Department. Three are focused on rapid manufacturing and two on sustainable product development. The MSc titles are:
- MSc Engineering (by Research) in Rapid Manufacturing Supply Chain and Implementation Strategies for the NW Region
- MSc Engineering (by Research) in Rapid Manufacturing Design Scenarios
- MSc Engineering (by Research) in Rapid Manufacturing Part Consolidation, Optimisation and Waste Reduction
- MSc Engineering (by Research) in Carbon Footprint Methodology Development
- MSc Engineering (by Research) in Social Impact Assessment
Each one attracts a studentship that covers the Home/EU course registration fee and which provides a maintenance living allowance of £8500.
Renewable Energy PhD
The engineering department's Renewable Energy Group also has funding to support a PhD in the design build and test of a river based low head hydro power system.
Tue 12 June 2007
EDF Energy, one of the UK’s largest electricity producers, is offering placements at its Heysham 2 nuclear power plant to students studying engineering, IT, environmental science or chemistry.
Thu 07 May 2015
A ground-breaking Masters programme from Lancaster University is giving students the opportunity to work on high-impact business projects that develop collaboration between UK and Chinese SMEs.
Wed 29 April 2015
The new Engineering Building has won recognition in the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Regional Awards.
Tue 28 April 2015
The Faculty has upheld its strong reputation as a destination for students wishing to pursue studies in science and technology in the latest league tables published by The Complete University Guide for 2016.
Tue 28 April 2015